K
Greg Zeurlein

LS
Jake McQuade
SCRATCH ONE

Cut Luke Gifford and keep Azur Kamara and Francis Bernard becomes backup MLB

timb2

Reaction score
Definately a killer kickoff coverage team with this players lining up on each side of the kicker.

CJ Goodwin........ .... .... ... R. Robinson
Brady Breeze. .........................Noah Brown
Tommy Tremble.....................Ben Mason
Keanu Neal.............................Francis Bernard
Dalton Schultz..........................Anthony Hines

Last edited:

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys so far in this draft

1- Greg Rousseau DE Miami
2- Kelvin Joseph CB Kentucky
3-Brady Christensen OT BYU
3- Tommy Tremble TE Notre Dame
4- Ben Mason FB Michigan
Great work putting this all together but boy o boy this is a rough draft right here bro I can't lie

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
1- Jaguars- Trevor Lawrence QB Clemson

Reason- Has been the #1 choice since his freshman year for this draft

2- Jets-- Kyle Pitts TE Florida

Reason- Was Sam Darnold the real reason Jets were bad last year? No. He doesn't have much help. Getting Pitts will help start to fly the Jets off the ground in the AFC East

3- 49ers- Zac Wilson QB BYU

Reason-49ers traded a lot of draft picks. So it is a franchise QB they want. Wilson is similar to Aaron Rodgers in build and style.

4- Falcons- Mac Jones QB Alabama

Reason- Rumors flying that Mac Jones is secretly passing Fields and Lance in NFL circles. Jones has numbers similar to Joe Burrow's Heismann Run last year.

5- Bengals- Jamarr Chase WR LSU

Reason- AJ Green left for the Cardinals. Burrow has made it no secret he wants Chase.

:laugh::laugh::huh::huh::facepalm::facepalm:

timb2

Reaction score
Great work putting this all together but boy o boy this is a rough draft right here bro I can't lie
Everybody might not like, but guys getting 15 1/2 sacks at Rousseau's size is not common. That was his Freshmen tape and he in interviews understands he still needs work . He has been training and working on pass rush techniques and. moves during Covid. I don't want to look back and say we passed on an elite pass rusher who checks a lot of boxes for a corner . When this corner draft is very deep with talent to be had later .

Re- look at all the videos this draft is not horrible at all like the Peanut Gallery makes it.

Last edited:

Creeper

Reaction score
While I also think there will be a bunch of surprises this year in the draft because of the crazy 2020 season, you have a lot of reaches in the 1st round. I like Ben Cleveland, but not in the first round. Yes he is strong and will be a bull at the point of attack but he is not exactly a ballerina out there. I would never take Rousseau at 10 and I doubt the Cowboys will either, but Jerry does love to draft DEs in the first round. Since 1992 he has done it 7 times, the most of any position on either side of the ball. But after DEs, Jerry loves CBs in the 1st round. So if Surtain is there at 10, unless Sewell falls, I do not see Jerry taking Rousseau over Surtain.

Also, I don't think the Jets take Pitts at 2 although it is an intriguing possibility. I could see them take Chase before Pitts, but I think they take Sewell before either of them. If they decide to keep their QB, they will choose to protect him. But they are the Jets for a reason so we should be prepared for anything.

I like your thinking with the Eagles pick but Fletcher Cox 30 years old, not 33. I posted in another thread I think Cox is slowing down and the Eagles love DTs so the Barmore pick is not crazy. Still, I think the Eagles will go with offense. They need OL and receivers.

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
Everybody might not like, but guys getting 15 1/2 sacks at Rousseau's size is not common. That was his Freshmen tape and he in interviews understands he still needs work . He has been training and working on pass rush techniques and. moves during Covid. I don't want to look back and say we passed on an elite pass rusher who checks a lot of boxes for a corner . When this corner draft is very deep with talent to be had later .

Re- look at all the videos this draft is not horrible at all like the Peanut Gallery makes it.
I can dig that on the pass rusher since it's just as premium of a position as the CB position. But you're putting a ton of faith in a guy who from watching him play in the ACC as a Clemson Alum he doesn't move the needle that much for me, because I felt like he should've absolutely dominated with the schedule in the ACC. He wasn't my only hang up for the mock, it was the FB in the 4th when this offense has done everything to make that position obsolete was a serious head scratcher for me. Also we could've taken Browning over the TE as well or Moses.

Last edited:

timb2

Reaction score
For the Peanut Gallery from the first two pages. Go ahead and I challenge you to make a whole draft for every team. So easy just throw a negative rant with no base knowledge. Try it ,not just your dream wish list for the Cowboys or from a Draft Simulator. Not one of you will take up this challege. Peanuts just got thrown back in your face of how stupid you look..

Last edited:

timb2

Reaction score
While I also think there will be a bunch of surprises this year in the draft because of the crazy 2020 season, you have a lot of reaches in the 1st round. I like Ben Cleveland, but not in the first round. Yes he is strong and will be a bull at the point of attack but he is not exactly a ballerina out there. I would never take Rousseau at 10 and I doubt the Cowboys will either, but Jerry does love to draft DEs in the first round. Since 1992 he has done it 7 times, the most of any position on either side of the ball. But after DEs, Jerry loves CBs in the 1st round. So if Surtain is there at 10, unless Sewell falls, I do not see Jerry taking Rousseau over Surtain.

Also, I don't think the Jets take Pitts at 2 although it is an intriguing possibility. I could see them take Chase before Pitts, but I think they take Sewell before either of them. If they decide to keep their QB, they will choose to protect him. But they are the Jets for a reason so we should be prepared for anything.

I like your thinking with the Eagles pick but Fletcher Cox 30 years old, not 33. I posted in another thread I think Cox is slowing down and the Eagles love DTs so the Barmore pick is not crazy. Still, I think the Eagles will go with offense. They need OL and receivers.
Just takes one team to fall in love with a player like Ben Cleveland. Also I have noticed NFL Teams Brass love to stick it to the so- called football experts in the media with players who are chosen. Teams do crazy things Chiefs drafting Ty Jackson I think #3 overall. Raiders picked Clenin Ferrell #4 overall. Bruce Irvin by the Seahawks in the 1st Round. Steelers picked Edmunds Safety in the 1st. Not the greatest picks, but I think they can't stand guys like Mel Kiper telling them what they should do.

timb2

Reaction score
I can dig that on the pass rusher since it's just as premium of a position as the CB position. But you're putting a ton of faith in a guy who from watching him play in the ACC as a Clemson Alum he doesn't move the needle that much for me, because I felt like he should've absolutely dominated with the schedule in the ACC. He wasn't my only hang up for the mock, it was the FB in the 4th when this offense has done everything to make that position obsolete was a serious head scratcher for me. Also we could've taken Browning over the TE as well or Moses.

The FB & TE picks. Give us a couple of things. Mason & Tremble are both great blockers. Mason is our new Moose . He will help open holes for Elliott to continue being a premier RB. Now add Tremble who is a punishing blocker also to help Elliott in the run game,but he is good downfield blocker. Just think of Mason,Tremble,and Noah Brown blocking and here comes Elliott on a sweep with Zack Martin pulling.. Mason also can double as the big bruising short yardage back.. Tremble has good speed actually better speed than Dalton Schultz or Blake Jarwin to get deep. Now add the little Slot WR Darden to get CeeDee Lamb off punt return duties. Gallup knows he better perform or Darden going to start instead.....Same goes for DeMarcus Lawrence with Rousseau breathing down his back. I noticed last year Lawrence only started playing hard when Randy Gregory came back. You had Aldon Smith at that time had more sacks than Lawrence and Gregory came back 1st game got 2 sacks. Next week Lawrence played like his butt was on fire.....Rewatch Mason & Tremble videos look how devastating they are as blockers.

Last edited:

timb2

Reaction score
UDFA Wish List for the PRACTICE SQUAD who were not drafted in this draft.

Deonte Glover RB Shepard

DeAndre Johnson WR / QB Texas Southern

Christian Albright OLB/ DE Ball State

Meiko Dotson CB Florida State

Journey Brown RB Penn State(Forced to retire over a heart medical condition where his arteries hardened. He runs a 4.2 forty and could have been the first RB drafted)

Last edited:

timb2

Reaction score
Seth Green TE/ QB Minnesota

Donavaughn Campbell OT/OG Louisiana Tech

Maliek Golden S Southwestern Assemblies of God

O' Bryan Goodson DT Memphis

KJ Costello QB Mississippi State

Last edited:

timb2

Reaction score
Shae Weeks CB Manitoba

Chandler Zavala OG/OT Fairmont State

Trajan Stevens- McQueen MLB Georgia State

Last edited:

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
The FB & TE picks. Give us a couple of things. Mason & Tremble are both great blockers. Mason is our new Moose . He will help open holes for Elliott to continue being a premier RB. Now add Tremble who is a punishing blocker also to help Elliott in the run game,but he is good downfield blocker. Just think of Mason,Tremble,and Noah Brown blocking and here comes Elliott on a sweep with Zack Martin pulling.. Mason also can double as the big bruising short yardage back.. Tremble has good speed actually better speed than Dalton Schultz or Blake Jarwin to get deep. Now add the little Slot WR Darden to get CeeDee Lamb off punt return duties. Gallup knows he better perform or Darden going to start instead.....Same goes for DeMarcus Lawrence with Rousseau breathing down his back. I noticed last year Lawrence only started playing hard when Randy Gregory came back. You had Aldon Smith at that time had more sacks than Lawrence and Gregory came back 1st game got 2 sacks. Next week Lawrence played like his butt was on fire.....Rewatch Mason & Tremble videos look how devastating they are as blockers.

I get what you're saying but the fact still remains that we don't run that version of offense anymore, the FB and blocking TE would've been great picks if Garrett was still in charge and running the offense. I think we could Tremble in the role they had for Bell but I think we could better pieces on defense like say LB over a blocking TE

cffl2323

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with half the players in this, but you did a hell of a job putting it together. Your odds of being right are just about the same as anyone throwing those peanuts.