Timb2's Cowboys Mock Draft 10-22-24

rambo2

Reaction score
You have 2 guys off my list with your 1st two picks. I want 2 top dtackles and 2 top running backs.

rambo2

Reaction score
Singleton in the 2nd is at least a full round too early to me.
Not if Jeanty, Henderson, and the Iowa back are gone. This team needs 2 backs and Singleton qualifies as a possibility. They can't let the 4 possibilities get away from them this time.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Not if Jeanty, Henderson, and the Iowa back are gone. This team needs 2 backs and Singleton qualifies as a possibility. They can't let the 4 possibilities get away from them this time.
Sure you can, because Hampton, Gordon, Judkins and Brooks are all the same calibre of prospect - outside of Jeanty.

There is no point in taking the 4th-best RB (regardless of who it is) when you can take the 9th best two rounds later. They're the same quality of prospect.

rambo2

Reaction score
Sure you can, because Hampton, Gordon, Judkins and Brooks are all the same calibre of prospect - outside of Jeanty.

There is no point in taking the 4th-best RB (regardless of who it is) when you can take the 9th best two rounds later. They're the same quality of prospect.
Nope, they need 2 of the top 4.

RonWashington

Reaction score
One national mock had Dallas picking 19th Emeka Egbuka the Ohio St WR going to the Cowboys . Author has St Brown Lions comparison to someone already in the league .

I just can’t see WR or offensive side of ball first 2 rounds given what the defense showing this year . Although one could make the argument juicing up the offense takes some pressure off the defense .

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
You are seeing first hand this season why you are wrong to dismiss having a top RB.
No, we are seeing why choosing not to invest in skill position talent - as an ideology - is problematic.

You can have a good RB room without drafting them.

Sydla

Reaction score
Nope, they need 2 of the top 4.
They do not.

Using top of their premium picks on TBs in this coming draft would be silly. Why? Because they also need DE help. They need a real #2 WR. They need DT help.

But yeah, let's use most of our top picks on RBs. LOL.

Sydla

Reaction score
Baltimore and Detroit are looking good with their running backs and Philly is getting a boost from theirs.
Baltimore's depth chart:

Henry - didn't draft him, he was a FA
Hill - 4th round pick

Philly's depth chart:

Barkley - signed as a FA
Gainwell - 5th round pick

Detroit depth chart:

Montgomery - didn't draft him, he was a FA
Gibbs - 1st round pick

So none of your examples used two high picks on TBs like you are advocating here. The Cowboys would be wise to use FA for RB along with a pick somewhere but they stupidly sit out FA because Jerry and his son are stubborn, cheap fools.

Sydla

Reaction score
You are seeing first hand this season why you are wrong to dismiss having a top RB.
I don't think he's saying you don't need a good TB.

I think he's saying, using two of your premium picks in the same draft on TBs is stupid. And it is, especially when this team also needs to use premium picks on important positions like DT for example and WR.

VACowboy

Reaction score
One national mock had Dallas picking 19th Emeka Egbuka the Ohio St WR going to the Cowboys . Author has St Brown Lions comparison to someone already in the league .

I just can’t see WR or offensive side of ball first 2 rounds given what the defense showing this year . Although one could make the argument juicing up the offense takes some pressure off the defense .
Malichi Fields in round 3?

He's not getting the press that other WR are but he's 6'4" and 228 with deep speed, great power and the best hands I've ever seen.