Timb2's Cowboys Mock Draft 10-22-24

Sydla

Reaction score
Not only would I not double dip at RB in this draft (unless the 2nd RB taken was some late round flier), I would absolutely double dip early at DT.

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
Malichi Fields in round 3?

He's not getting the press that other WR are but he's 6'4" and 228 with deep speed, great power and the best hands I've ever seen.
He's a good player that nobody is talking about. The Cowboys have already invested in x type WR's in Tolbert and Flournoy. I think they go a different route, more of a route running/separation type of guy. The player can still have speed and that's why Ebuka is so enticing.

I don't think Fields goes in the 3rd. The depth of this WR class dictates that he goes as a 4/5. I like the player though. Another team will draft him, and get a solid player.

VACowboy

Reaction score
I don't think Fields goes in the 3rd. The depth of this WR class dictates that he goes as a 4/5. I like the player though. Another team will draft him, and get a solid player.
Depends on the combine. His college video is ridiculous. He's huge and if he tests as fast as he looks, I don't think there's any way he lasts into the fourth. You're prolly right about Flournoy and Tolbert, but they are very different receivers than Fields. The Cowboys have not had a player who does what Fields does in a long time (refrains from making comparisons). Anyway, just throwing him out there as a WR possibility outside the first two rounds. Another guy I really like, much smaller, your route-running separation-type, is Restrepo out of Miami. Ja'Corey Brooks is a big blazer I really like too, but I think he'll be long gone by round three.

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
Depends on the combine. His college video is ridiculous. He's huge and if he tests as fast as he looks, I don't think there's any way he lasts into the fourth. You're prolly right about Flournoy and Tolbert, but they are very different receivers than Fields. The Cowboys have not had a player who does what Fields does in a long time (refrains from making comparisons). Anyway, just throwing him out there as a WR possibility outside the first two rounds. Another guy I really like, much smaller, your route-running separation-type, is Restrepo out of Miami. Ja'Corey Brooks is a big blazer I really like too, but I think he'll be long gone by round three.
I really like Brooks he has made himself some money this year.