Time for our offense to finally show up against the 49ers!

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
The key to the game on offense is for Dak to not turn the ball over in the red zone so that we can kick a bunch of FGs to win. That might be enough with how banged up SF is, but if they can run the ball at all we are toast.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Because the SF offense is where they Are missing players, it’s more important that the defense show up. If we can’t stop SF now, we never will. In my opinion, the offense needs to play conservative, protect possession, play field position and take FGs instead of gambling. Make the depleted SF offense drive the length of the field for points.
Our defense remains a mash unit, offense needs to score touchdowns

blueblood70

Reaction score
Fred Warner loves to toy with Dak. He’s playing at an MVP level. Good luck with that
really it's still going to come down to this, pull talk to text rant incoming.........................

right you're saying one player on their defense , not the entire team not the defensive line the pass rushers the corners oh and the defensive coordinators toying with Mike McCarthy and offnse, more than what you said because I'm not even going to say the name,

because I'm sick of hearing it in here I'm absolutely sick of it no quarterback could function in this mess right now and he's doing the best job he can..​
Prescott can come out all day long and say he needs to get better but what he's really saying it would really be nice if he had a run game like some of the better teams in the league or you go look at the teams that won games even the Cardinals beating the chargers the other night I mean look at James Connor look at what they did on the ground, look at what they did to keep the defense honest, instead Prescott has to play and what looks like A 1 dimensional offense, really for the last two years!!!​
how might McCarthy's play calling has not been ripped away from him and him giving it to Schottenheimer Because anything would be better,​
hopefully after the break it will get better but this is ridiculous to even talk about the offense right now This is why this post this thread is another one that's triggering me and yeah you're going to get the rant ,don't bring up Dak , bring up the whole entire offense, which starts with the coaching staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​
this absolutely garbage game plans scheming in game adjustments and the fact that they can't figure out how to use a running back it's beyond me because having like 6 carries at halftime in the last game and somehow we're going back to blaming Prescott and oh that's right a defense that put so much pressure on our offense knowing they're gonna look up and probably have to score 30 to win a game makes this ridiculous anyway they said hey please score 20 and like I said in my Last Post right we could score 20 and still lose 30 to 20 because that's what this team looks like right now do you know how to spell team because it's not,​
DAK ITS TEAM TEAM the team is in the shambles right now that's a fact and you're always just blaming one player and oh now you're saying Fred Warner plays by himself they actually have a healthy defense by the way all these talk about injuries and what not they have a relatively fully healthy defense and they will toy with Mike McCarthy in our offense and yes Prescott happens to be 1 of 22 players on that side of the ball but it's still beyond me that you can't figure out what's really wrong with this team and if Prescott was on a better team he'd be an MVP candidate almost yearly like a real team with a real coaching staff you know like the Detroit Lions look at how they run the ball they're one of the best running teams in the league they do play action and they can actually sell play action people laugh at us we can't even run play action right now because the entire defense would just look at all the motion and the weirdness and they wouldn't even probably blink they literally wouldn't even move they probably look at each other and almost snicker that they know you can't run and hit's about to happen is we have to pass for 30 to 40 * a game...........

blueblood70

Reaction score
Our defense remains a mash unit, offense needs to score touchdowns
what we need is an offensive coordinator who values the run game and commits to it no matter what the yards per carry are early.. You're not gonna score being one-dimensional anybody blaming this on Prescott it's getting old literally this is all on Mike McCarthy I believe that his office looks as bad as it did in the last three home games if it looks as as bad as the effort they put in the run game in the lions game again I believe we might see Mike McCarthy get at least demoted from play caller but we might see a firing if we get embarrassed one more time I can't see how Jerry even though he's came out in public and say he's not gonna make any changes he said that about wade Phillips and he also said the other day he thinks it was a mistake to let wade Phillips go you know what that is let's double talk because I bet I bet in his mind he goes if one more time I see play calling like that and the lack of utilization for my running backs and any run game whatsoever like literally abandoning the run game after 10 minutes I mean what did they have like 6 carries at halftime in the lions game I mean that's pathetic I think any of us could have got on the sideline and called a better game not even knowing the play calls you know why I would have called in the dak and his headset and says hey bro take over you're a veteran go get us a win you call the place drop up in the sand just RIP them out of your mind like McCarthy needs to be pulled out of the play Call of Duty but if we have another output like this there might be a new head coach an interim head coach for the rest of this season.

And you're right because it's a mass unit Mike Zimmer might not get fired but Mike Zimmer is not off the hook either this coaching staff is the worst assembling of game plans I've ever seen this year it's terrible I mean the in game adjustments are terrible what do you call it game management and trying to figure out what the other team had in mind you know in the 1st 10 minutes is usually when everyone has all the scripted plays on both sides of the ball and then you gotta actually coach and make adjustments we've done none of that this year even in the I mean we're barely hanging on and people keep going back to Prescott they keep going back to the players I mean people are talking about bad routes and all this yeah talk about the guy who designed them and who have their ear in practice and in the huddle and all the film rooms I mean what exactly did they do all offseason what have they done between all these games that need to buy week to get it fixed oh hell no I'm fed up and I feel if I see that garbage one more time I wanna see our running backs get the ball 25 times between all of them but I would really like about 18 to 20 of them to just go to Rico and then maybe another 10 but at minimum we better run the ball 25 times and not just for one yard not just on 3rd and one or fourth and one when it's obvious now how about establish a run game and let it gain traction the entire ....u gotta keep hammering it up in there...

The short part if you wanna read the end if you're skimming is that we can't run the football we will not be scoring will not be doing anything 'cause they will be teeing off at bosa will have a career day Sunday night and we'll be up late as cowboy fans ....in going to bed angry and can't sleep

lol ..

And by the way Speaking of which how can they match up between a struggling 3 and 4 team and another struggling 3 and 3 team not deflects to 330 like give a better match up a shot at Sunday Night Football? isn't that what it was created for?

Aven8

Reaction score
really it's still going to come down to this, pull talk to text rant incoming.........................

right you're saying one player on their defense , not the entire team not the defensive line the pass rushers the corners oh and the defensive coordinators toying with Mike McCarthy and offnse, more than what you said because I'm not even going to say the name,

because I'm sick of hearing it in here I'm absolutely sick of it no quarterback could function in this mess right now and he's doing the best job he can..​
Prescott can come out all day long and say he needs to get better but what he's really saying it would really be nice if he had a run game like some of the better teams in the league or you go look at the teams that won games even the Cardinals beating the chargers the other night I mean look at James Connor look at what they did on the ground, look at what they did to keep the defense honest, instead Prescott has to play and what looks like A 1 dimensional offense, really for the last two years!!!​
how might McCarthy's play calling has not been ripped away from him and him giving it to Schottenheimer Because anything would be better,​
hopefully after the break it will get better but this is ridiculous to even talk about the offense right now This is why this post this thread is another one that's triggering me and yeah you're going to get the rant ,don't bring up Dak , bring up the whole entire offense, which starts with the coaching staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​
this absolutely garbage game plans scheming in game adjustments and the fact that they can't figure out how to use a running back it's beyond me because having like 6 carries at halftime in the last game and somehow we're going back to blaming Prescott and oh that's right a defense that put so much pressure on our offense knowing they're gonna look up and probably have to score 30 to win a game makes this ridiculous anyway they said hey please score 20 and like I said in my Last Post right we could score 20 and still lose 30 to 20 because that's what this team looks like right now do you know how to spell team because it's not,​
DAK ITS TEAM TEAM the team is in the shambles right now that's a fact and you're always just blaming one player and oh now you're saying Fred Warner plays by himself they actually have a healthy defense by the way all these talk about injuries and what not they have a relatively fully healthy defense and they will toy with Mike McCarthy in our offense and yes Prescott happens to be 1 of 22 players on that side of the ball but it's still beyond me that you can't figure out what's really wrong with this team and if Prescott was on a better team he'd be an MVP candidate almost yearly like a real team with a real coaching staff you know like the Detroit Lions look at how they run the ball they're one of the best running teams in the league they do play action and they can actually sell play action people laugh at us we can't even run play action right now because the entire defense would just look at all the motion and the weirdness and they wouldn't even probably blink they literally wouldn't even move they probably look at each other and almost snicker that they know you can't run and hit's about to happen is we have to pass for 30 to 40 * a game...........
Go back and watch the previous games the past 3 years. Warner literally intimidates Dak. I saw it the first time in SF in the playoffs. And of course it’s a team game. Bosa and all the other studs. But we’re talking about the best LB in the game right now.

You don’t think Ray Lewis was intimidating? That dude got in a lot of heads.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Go back and watch the previous games the past 3 years. Warner literally intimidates Dak. I saw it the first time in SF in the playoffs. And of course it’s a team game. Bosa and all the other studs. But we’re talking about the best LB in the game right now.

You don’t think Ray Lewis was intimidating? That dude got in a lot of heads.
BUT , that can be overcome by an OC and execution the same way Parsons is taken out you use misdirection, motion, make the LB THINK, has zero to do with he QB vs the LB its OC vs DC and whose going to keep the other off balance to not have one payer have career day, sorry still disagree

FW is not by himself making Dak nervous that would be the pressure and the Inability for the OC to call enough effective runs top keep that pressure limited and not have the OL forced to pass block 80% of the game..thats a disaster for ALL QBS. IE 1 dimensional ball is the downfall of an offense and most games against a team that can rush from all sides will kill your gameplan.

YOU go LOOK nearly ALL those games had RB production under 3YPC, many being losses making it 3rd and 7 or worse getting holding calls and its 3rd and 11 and nothing at all to contribute they early on force our OC out of the run and then it's all pass all game, and no QB is comfortable in that situation. go show me game where our OL blocked well and created a run threat and Dak doesn't have good game? almost ALL those big game losses had that in common we could run, block and stop tr run..

go ahead YOU LOOK games where we 11 penalties on the OL and no run game yup SF game, games where simply no run game and the OL isn't blocking receivers dropping ball's.. defense not stopping Deebo ie TOP eating runs first half 10 YPC by Half time lol so limit offensive possession and the ones we have are all one dimensional. That not intimidating dak by FW that the SF DC destroying MM game plans and MM has zero answers..

Games are won and lost from the inside out and we have failed dak in that part of the game.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
what we need is an offensive coordinator who values the run game and commits to it no matter what the yards per carry are early.. You're not gonna score being one-dimensional anybody blaming this on Prescott it's getting old literally this is all on Mike McCarthy I believe that his office looks as bad as it did in the last three home games if it looks as as bad as the effort they put in the run game in the lions game again I believe we might see Mike McCarthy get at least demoted from play caller but we might see a firing if we get embarrassed one more time I can't see how Jerry even though he's came out in public and say he's not gonna make any changes he said that about wade Phillips and he also said the other day he thinks it was a mistake to let wade Phillips go you know what that is let's double talk because I bet I bet in his mind he goes if one more time I see play calling like that and the lack of utilization for my running backs and any run game whatsoever like literally abandoning the run game after 10 minutes I mean what did they have like 6 carries at halftime in the lions game I mean that's pathetic I think any of us could have got on the sideline and called a better game not even knowing the play calls you know why I would have called in the dak and his headset and says hey bro take over you're a veteran go get us a win you call the place drop up in the sand just RIP them out of your mind like McCarthy needs to be pulled out of the play Call of Duty but if we have another output like this there might be a new head coach an interim head coach for the rest of this season.

And you're right because it's a mass unit Mike Zimmer might not get fired but Mike Zimmer is not off the hook either this coaching staff is the worst assembling of game plans I've ever seen this year it's terrible I mean the in game adjustments are terrible what do you call it game management and trying to figure out what the other team had in mind you know in the 1st 10 minutes is usually when everyone has all the scripted plays on both sides of the ball and then you gotta actually coach and make adjustments we've done none of that this year even in the I mean we're barely hanging on and people keep going back to Prescott they keep going back to the players I mean people are talking about bad routes and all this yeah talk about the guy who designed them and who have their ear in practice and in the huddle and all the film rooms I mean what exactly did they do all offseason what have they done between all these games that need to buy week to get it fixed oh hell no I'm fed up and I feel if I see that garbage one more time I wanna see our running backs get the ball 25 times between all of them but I would really like about 18 to 20 of them to just go to Rico and then maybe another 10 but at minimum we better run the ball 25 times and not just for one yard not just on 3rd and one or fourth and one when it's obvious now how about establish a run game and let it gain traction the entire ....u gotta keep hammering it up in there...

The short part if you wanna read the end if you're skimming is that we can't run the football we will not be scoring will not be doing anything 'cause they will be teeing off at bosa will have a career day Sunday night and we'll be up late as cowboy fans ....in going to bed angry and can't sleep

lol ..

And by the way Speaking of which how can they match up between a struggling 3 and 4 team and another struggling 3 and 3 team not deflects to 330 like give a better match up a shot at Sunday Night Football? isn't that what it was created for?
We have been saying the same thing over the last 5 years, cannot run or stop the run. Until those areas are fixed, won't matter what skilled positional players we have.

Solari as the OL Coach has been a disaster, Philbin was far better and that bar wasn't set so high, either. As for the playcallers, both MM and Moore are pass happy, always have been. We have seen an OC since Linehan that committed to the run game.

Defensively, Zimmer doesn't get a pass, either. When healthy, they still were getting gashed on the ground and giving up big passing plays. He was suppose to bring more of a discipline scheme/approach, yet we haven't seen that at all.

I know many disagree with me, which is fine, but believe hiring Bellicheck would at least fix these weaknesses.

blueblood70

Reaction score
We have been saying the same thing over the last 5 years, cannot run or stop the run. Until those areas are fixed, won't matter what skilled positional players we have.

Solari as the OL Coach has been a disaster, Philbin was far better and that bar wasn't set so high, either. As for the playcallers, both MM and Moore are pass happy, always have been. We have seen an OC since Linehan that committed to the run game.

Defensively, Zimmer doesn't get a pass, either. When healthy, they still were getting gashed on the ground and giving up big passing plays. He was suppose to bring more of a discipline scheme/approach, yet we haven't seen that at all.

I know many disagree with me, which is fine, but believe hiring Bellicheck would at least fix these weaknesses.
in big games against better Ds ,yes..I do agree but why Not a younger version iof BB ie Vrabel? he had DH and committed to D and the run game. Rather have a younger version. Might be bit more in tune with today's players, ie might listen. Yes Callahan/Linehan at least ran but issues were in other areas...

this is more to do with coaching than players right now....sure DH would be better than anything we had but this can be fixed in house,

IE sit zeke for few weeks just to try something else, bring up Cook, and run Rico 18-20 times a game no matter how you feel the flow of the game is going... Mike McCarthy is trying really hard to use the WCO which we knew this was going to happen trying to manufacture a run game with short passes and what not, teams know this though ,they're protecting those edge/behind the LOS throws, I mean I hope over the bye week this is the one thing they're changing again is get back motion misdirection and stick to the damn run game even if it doesn't feel like it's working...ughh!!~

Notice Hunt in KC not lighting ti up POM not playing well but the commitment to sticking with the run no matter what and playing solid D is what they are still functioning. Can NOT be 1-dimennsial. qb blaming shaming is getting old. Give dak Reid and that O and spags d see how this looks, give Dak that Lions run game and scheme, give him something!!!! KISS method sometimes is the solution!!

Proof

Reaction score
I expect the offense to struggle in this one, a large part of that being Mike taken to class yet again by Shanahan or someone from the tree.

But if the defense shows up in the manner they did in Pittsburgh, they could definitely get the best of an absolutely decimated SF offense. Close, low scoring…Aubrey could be the difference.

Then Jerry can hold court after the game with his smug smirk and tell everyone he was right and how great he is….nevermind the results of the last three seasons.

In fact I’ll even go ahead and pick Dallas, 19-17.
why would the offense struggle due to shanahan?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
in big games against better Ds ,yes..I do agree but why Not a younger version iof BB ie Vrabel? he had DH and committed to D and the run game. Rather have a younger version. Might be bit more in tune with today's players, ie might listen. Yes Callahan/Linehan at least ran but issues were in other areas...

this is more to do with coaching than players right now....sure DH would be better than anything we had but this can be fixed in house,

IE sit zeke for few weeks just to try something else, bring up Cook, and run Rico 18-20 times a game no matter how you feel the flow of the game is going... Mike McCarthy is trying really hard to use the WCO which we knew this was going to happen trying to manufacture a run game with short passes and what not, teams know this though ,they're protecting those edge/behind the LOS throws, I mean I hope over the bye week this is the one thing they're changing again is get back motion misdirection and stick to the damn run game even if it doesn't feel like it's working...ughh!!~

Notice Hunt in KC not lighting ti up POM not playing well but the commitment to sticking with the run no matter what and playing solid D is what they are still functioning. Can NOT be 1-dimennsial. qb blaming shaming is getting old. Give dak Reid and that O and spags d see how this looks, give Dak that Lions run game and scheme, give him something!!!! KISS method sometimes is the solution!!
Vrabel is another one who believes in the basics. Run the football, stop the run and don't beat yourself. 3 areas in which the Cowboys have been bad at for years.

No offense is going to be successful being one dimensional. Got to be able to run to at least keep teams honest. Very easy to stop the pass, if you don't have to worry about a run game!

CCBoy

Reaction score
This one is all on the shoulders of Dak Prescott. He starts it off in both halves and is the leader of the offense. Be a leader and not just a movie star and believe himself. Lead the team! Try no turnovers and staying ahead of pressure with quick alternatives.

Evaluating a season's production is not an excuse for not showing up in pressure.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Vrabel is another one who believes in the basics. Run the football, stop the run and don't beat yourself. 3 areas in which the Cowboys have been bad at for years.

No offense is going to be successful being one dimensional. Got to be able to run to at least keep teams honest. Very easy to stop the pass, if you don't have to worry about a run game!
Dallas is one dimensional offensively.