Time to be bold and proud

Stank

Reaction score
Unlike some of the Dallas Cowboys fans these days, I'm not worried about all of the major changes like Bledsoe, or moving to a 3-4. Parcells is not going to jeopardize winning just to make changes (e.g. Parcells isn't going to put Bledsoe in a losing situation and we are not going full on 3-4 if the defense isn't ready for it).

There's no reason we can't be contenders this year and even win the NFC East.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
:hammer: I agree 100% with you and there are many of us here that feel the same way only a few who are still "the sky is falling" attitudes.

BTW

:welcome:

ravidubey

Reaction score
I predict Dallas will win the East because it's anybody's game.

I see a three way cluster between New York, Philly, and Dallas with Dallas coming out on top. I also see Minnesota as the NFC's best team, and there will be an emphasis placed on "team" with the team rallying around the belief they can win without Randy Moss and save Mike Tice's job (again). Moss may help them more this year than he ever did as a player by giving them that rallying cry (and getting Napoleon Harris and Troy Williamson in exchange didn't hurt either).

BigDDynasty

Reaction score
Man, EVERY year I look at the BRIGHT sides to our team, even when bleak, I am optimistic! But this year, I really feel this is our ascent to the elite status us Cowboy fans have been able to enjoy!

dallasblue05

Reaction score
You know, I am a very practical person by nature. Looking at a situation objectively happens to come natturally to me (not gloating, I promise). Being the die-hard boyz fan I am, I try very hard to be objective and practical. That being said, I see very little "doom and gloom" in the season to come for us Cowboy faithfuls. Everything that needed to be fixed IMO was taken care of with the exception of the RT position. IMO, if that is the only concern on our offensive line, then it wont be nearly as "offensive" as it was last year if you get my drift. Our defense has been totally revamped for the better, and our QB situation will be leaps and bounds over what it was last year. The young guys will do their part. Besides a mental mistake here and there, they will be fine. Its not like they dont know how to play ball. They will have spent the entire off-season learning our system, and the only adjustment will be the speed of the NFL. But for players like Spears and Ware, how much of an adjustment will it really be? LSU plays in the Big 12 against teams like OU, and UT. And given the type of player Spears is, he played at a higher speed than the college game already. D. Ware is coming from a school that has just recently come to the Division 1 group. Troy St. used to be 1-AA, and they still did well. He is no stranger to making transitions; not to mention that is the whole reason for the off-season. Granted 2nd and 3rd string players wont give you the best practice, but it is time on the field. I dont think we will have anything to worry about!!! (as I step down from my soapbox)

Stank

Reaction score
I'm glad to hear it!! I think this is the most talented Cowboys team we've had since our last superbowl.

To tell you the truth, I don't even care if we get the next set of triplets. I would rather build the nastiest defense and win it all Parcells style!

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
I agree. The only thing I would like to see Parcell's do differently is to start running up the score a little bit more instead of keeping it so close.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Division title? Please.

Playoffs a definite possibilty, but this year is all about establishing the foundation of an incredible defense, the solidifying of a diverse running game, bringing along a couple of WRs that have shown some flashes, and hopefully, some steps toward our QB's futures.

That being said, this is your last chance Eagles, the window is closing.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
I used to be as optimistic as you newb posters until these cynical old bastids here converted me to the dark side.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
I used to be as optimistic as you newb posters until these cynical old bastids here converted me to the dark side.
The food at your baptism was great though huh?

followthestar

Reaction score
the easy way out is to say until we beat the eagles we aren't shiite, but depending on how the team gels this could be our breakout season - if not then i would have to expect next year to be the year we regain our dominance. we will simply be too talented, too well-coached, too inspired. this year we must and will make the playoffs and then we'll see what happens.
this team is hungry and anybody who can't see how close we are is a pessimist or worse...

Reaction score
I think were heading for a special season...
In todays NFL its very lil that seperates the teams...

It seems we have gained quite alot this offseason...
Anything can happen...
Were due ;)

I agree, the team from filthy has its window closing...
I think we now have more talent, lets see how it plays out, I also think we made changes in the coaching situation that should provide us with a better chance to win games as well....

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
djdoug said:
I agree. The only thing I would like to see Parcell's do differently is to start running up the score a little bit more instead of keeping it so close.

Hasn't that always been Parcells' style, get ahead by ten points then sit on it for the remainder of the game.

BTW - See you have 6 posts, a belated welcome to you.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dallasblue05 said:
LSU plays in the Big 12 against teams like OU, and UT. And given the type of player Spears is, he played at a higher speed than the college game already.
:huh:

Umm... the LSU fan in me is gonna take a flying leap and say that LSU is a 72-year old charter member of the Southeastern Conference. :) Don't worry though. Spears' education came via college football powerhouses such as Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, etc. He's ready, my friend. ;)