Time to blow this team up

Wood

Reaction score
its time. Leadership at key positions needs to be changed.

1. Tony Romo - I think the giants game pretty much sums up his time in Dallas. Great numbers on paper but once again...just can't close. The missed throw to Miles not only seals a cowboy victory it wins the division. It didn't happen again and its time for a change. Tony is good guy and puts up gawdy fantasy numbers but is perennial tease. Dallas needs to go in new direction and I certainly don't expect new QB to put up same numbers...just be clutch and thick skinned.

2. Terrance Newman - Performed pretty well thru his career but he is getting picked on now. Doesn't respect his own speed anymore and plays way too far off receiver. Is one of the leaders on this defense that consistently implodes regardless of coordinator.

3. Brady James - another defensive player who got old before our eyes this year. Decent career but again...another critical leader that has been apart of too many collapses.

4. Anthony Spencer - I was the guy saying he would win DROY his rookie year. Thought Jerry made great move to get him on draft day but this turns out to be a disappointing pick. Butler has shown more on limited basis. Let Spencer hit FA market.

5. Spears - thought the signing last year was more of a default signing as many teams passed Dallas in locking up key FA. I hear alot about how Spears has looked good this year but I just don't see it. Another non-baller
on defense who lured Jerry into locking him up to contract extension.

6. Costa - I saw more from Kowalski in a half than I saw from Costa in a year. Take Costa and his small arms, bad snaps and send him packing. Groom Kowalski and go into draft looking to address this position.

7. Bennett - we heard about how crazy important this guy is to running game (because he certainly brings nothing to passing game). Well last night he doesn't play and Felix Jones looks like pro-bowl back. I really think Dallas would survive without his unimaginable blocking skills we keep hearing about.

8. Brooking - I am not really gonna trash him here as he was major reason this defense started looking respectable again few years ago. A true leader....would love to see him on coaching staff.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think this team is in the process of being "blown-up" and that's why it's merely average.

The "blowing-up" was started last offseason and will continue for at least a couple more years.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Who ever blames Romo, seriously needs to find their Nearest bridge, or go play in traffic.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Wood;4307866 said:
1. Tony Romo - I think the giants game pretty much sums up his time in Dallas. Great numbers on paper but once again...just can't close.

:facepalm:

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Its not that easy in the cap world.

Romo isn't the problem at all. But his window is closing.

CCBoy

Reaction score
C-4 works much faster, but ATF frowns upon the useage. Then the FBI gets involved shortly there after.

Perchance, are you presently on the Andy Reid, Coughlin, and Shanahan throw away campaigns as well? Think a player or two, by a similarly low standard of relevance, deserves jettisoning? What is good for the goose, doesn't negate sexual descrimination standards, and the gander.

1fisher

Reaction score
Yep..... 0.46 to go and Romo can't get his team into FG range. He needs to be cut immediately! :rolleyes:

notherbob

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4307916 said:
I think this team is in the process of being "blown-up" and that's why it's merely average.

The "blowing-up" was started last offseason and will continue for at least a couple more years.

I agree, they are a rebuilding team and should be better next year. I never expected them to win last night even when they had a 12 point lead with six minutes to go - I figured they would find some creative way to lose it and they did, just as expected. I wonder what this game would have been like if both teams were at full strength - the Giants had several players out, some for the season.

I like this bunch but I do not mistake them for an elite team this year, they are not. They have several rookies, including a rookie head coach on the team and should improve considerably the next year or two with good drafts and some FA help.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Anyone putting any shred of blame on Romo for this loss is fail at life.

Wood

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4307916 said:

i certainly hope that is the case.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
And Wood continues to troll the hell out us. Nothing to see here folks. Move along.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson gutted the entire team when he got here and rebuilt it from the ground up with rookies and young players. We went 1-15 the first season but it obviously paid off in the long run. Why Jerry doesn't want to follow that proven blueprint is beyond me...

:mad:

This team has a weak foundation especially in the mental toughness department, they don't know how to win and play scared with the game on the line. Clean house and start over, there's no shame in that.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I quit reading the moment you put Romo on the list.

It shows you have no clue and there is simply no reason to give your post any further time.

fortdick

Reaction score
When will the mods get it together and start banning people for stupid posts like the OP here? I hate Extremeskins, but c'mon, there is a line of stupidity we should not tolerate being crossed.

fortdick

Reaction score
TheFinisher;4308060 said:
Jimmy Johnson gutted the entire team when he got here and rebuilt it from the ground up with rookies and young players. We went 1-15 the first season but it obviously paid off in the long run. Why Jerry doesn't want to follow that proven blueprint is beyond me...

:mad:

This team has a weak foundation especially in the mental toughness department, they don't know how to win and play scared with the game on the line. Clean house and start over, there's no shame in that.

Maybe we could trade Ware for 12 picks.

See the stupid line. You are crossing it.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
It is unbelievable to me that there are some posters who want to fire a coach a year into his regime.

Haven't we learned anything from the Commanders coaching carousel?