Time to Draft a QB

JJHLH1

Reaction score
There are very few QBs who are true difference makers. Teams spend big money on guys who they hope are the answer, but may very well not be, like Derek Carr and Jimmy Garropolo. The draft is at best a crap shoot when it comes to QB’s even with a top pick.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
There are very few QBs who are true difference makers. Teams spend big money on guys who they hope are the answer, but may very well not be, like Derek Carr and Jimmy Garropolo. The draft is at best a crap shoot when it comes to QB’s even with a top pick.

No crap.

This isn't an excuse to stick with mediocrity. I'd rather us not be the Bears sticking with Cutler because good QBs are hard to find...

JJHLH1

Reaction score
No crap.

This isn't an excuse to stick with mediocrity. I'd rather us not be the Bears sticking with Cutler because good QBs are hard to find...

Almost the entire league is mediocre. That’s my point. Good luck trying to find the next HOF QB.

kskboys

Reaction score
Well, first we're going to have to give Dak the time he should've had in preseason to get ready.

Not making excuses for Dak, that's just a fact.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Almost the entire league is mediocre. That’s my point. Good luck trying to find the next HOF QB.

You don't need a HOF QB, you need a good QB which Dak might not even be. You get starting next season, we will begin contract negotiations....right? You willing to pay him a pretty penny to stick around?

If we pick high in the draft and a great prospect is there, you really think we should skip on that because of Dak freakin' Prescott? Give me a break, dude.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Well, first we're going to have to give Dak the time he should've had in preseason to get ready.

Not making excuses for Dak, that's just a fact.

Very few teams in the league had their starting QBs out there playing a lot. Dak had enough time to get ready.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
No, he didn't. He's young and raw and needed game reps.

He's in his third year....

He's no longer "young" - he's had 2 years as a starter, that's a ton of experience in today's league. 32 games and a playoff game and multiple preseason games.

The excuses of being "raw" don't work any longer. He should have progressed, he hasn't, he sucks. Enough is enough with these loser excuses for this bum player.

kskboys

Reaction score
He's in his third year....

He's no longer "young" - he's had 2 years as a starter, that's a ton of experience in today's league. 32 games and a playoff game and multiple preseason games.

The excuses of being "raw" don't work any longer. He should have progressed, he hasn't, he sucks. Enough is enough with these loser excuses for this bum player.
It's not an excuse, it's a reason. Dak was exceedingly raw coming in and never should have played his first season. Playing hindered his development.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
You don't need a HOF QB, you need a good QB which Dak might not even be. You get starting next season, we will begin contract negotiations....right? You willing to pay him a pretty penny to stick around?

If we pick high in the draft and a great prospect is there, you really think we should skip on that because of Dak freakin' Prescott? Give me a break, dude.

I don’t know what the answer is at QB. I like Dak but the more I see him play the more inclined I am to think he probably isn’t going to lead us to the success we are looking for. But who is? Derek Carr got a $125 million contract and he is mediocre at best. Jimmy Garoppolo signed a $137.5 million contract and he threw 3 picks today and was 15-of-33. Draft picks for QB’s, even high ones, often end up as busts. No easy answers.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I don’t know what the answer is at QB. I like Dak but the more I see him play the more inclined I am to think he probably isn’t going to lead us to the success we are looking for. But who is? Derek Carr got a $125 million contract and he is mediocre at best. Jimmy Garoppolo signed a $137.5 million contract and he threw 3 picks today and was 15-of-33. Draft picks for QB’s, even high ones, often end up as busts.

...we. know.

This isn't an excuse to stick with mediocrity. It's TRYING to improve at positions that are mediocre to bad. Again, it's best to fail trying to improve than sticking with something you know isn't getting you anywhere. Bad decisions by other teams should not dictate how we go about things...

If Dak isn't the answer, you move on. You don't mess around with this with the type of contracts QBs get. You either believe he's a franchise QB or you don't - if not, it's time to draft for the future.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
...we. know.

This isn't an excuse to stick with mediocrity. It's TRYING to improve at positions that are mediocre to bad. Again, it's best to fail trying to improve than sticking with something you know isn't getting you anywhere. Bad decisions by other teams should not dictate how we go about things...

If Dak isn't the answer, you move on. You don't mess around with this with the type of contracts QBs get. You either believe he's a franchise QB or you don't - if not, it's time to draft for the future.

Well I agree it would be foolish to give Dak a big contract unless he’s earned it.