Time to rebuild?

CB61

Reaction score
We got our makeup calls from the tripping penalties early in the game LOL I watch a lot of football I have Sunday Ticket and I have come to the conclusion that these NFL officials are just horrible absolutely horrible no doubt about it
The Bears got called for delay of game after the Umpire walked up to the quarterback and prevented him from snapping the ball how in the hell is that right? That happened yesterday that totally floored me you stop a quarterback from snapping the ball and then you call them for delay of game? And he wasn't stopping for substitutions I have no idea why he walked up to him trubisky tried to push him away

glimmerman

Reaction score
We got our makeup calls from the tripping penalties early in the game LOL I watch a lot of football I have Sunday Ticket and I have come to the conclusion that these NFL officials are just horrible absolutely horrible no doubt about it
Me too. We were getting penalties to help extend drives and still couldnt put points on the board.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
You could cherry pick top players from every team and Garrett still couldn't win a super bowl.

Jason Garrett is simply not an NFL head coach.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Need A coach that is going to instill toughness and discipline and holds the players accountable. And the players need to know wearing that star doesn’t mean crap if you haven’t won anything

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
There is nothing they can do about the stupid contract they gave Zeke, and I think we all can see how he has already lost his speed.

Don't compound the problem by signing Dak and Cooper. Time to blow this roster up and start over with a new staff, and I mean a totally new staff, everyone gone.

Been a lost decade for this sad franchise.

Agreed. I think we all see that this team isn’t as talented as we once thought before. I also think the mindset of all of these players now are tainted. What kind of player is consent with losing? What kind of player, paid or not, doesn’t want to win or go to the Super Bowl? That’s the mindset of the Dallas Cowboys. Shockingly enough, the only one that was man enough to call people out was Bennett. Our locker room is filled with a bunch of punks and people that enjoy being bullied, mocked, and embarrassed every week. Embarrassing. I say trade half the roster with whatever you can get if them and use the draft picks. Maybe pick up some free agents with the cap money you’ve just gained. This team ain’t gonna get it done. Players and HC alike need to go. A new HC with a fresh new team with new mindsets will definitely help this team.

lqmac1

Reaction score
There is nothing they can do about the stupid contract they gave Zeke, and I think we all can see how he has already lost his speed.

Don't compound the problem by signing Dak and Cooper. Time to blow this roster up and start over with a new staff, and I mean a totally new staff, everyone gone.

huh? We literally just finished rebuilding!!!

JayFord

Reaction score
this team is superbowl ready its the coaches

Coaching matters twice as much in this era and we have the worst coaching staff in all of football

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
Rebuild is not needed. At all. It’s the coaching staff and keeping the old drunk far away from the football team. Add a S, a mean DT, a TE, and a CB that can track a football and this can work.

Add DE (best one leaving), LB (best one neck), OL (best ones injured forever), WR (best one no contract because of speculation about persistent injury). So, basically all we need is every single position on the team except QB and RB. but that's not a rebuild.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Wrong.

They have a good roster.

Belichick could win a Super Bowl with this roster.

Several other Head Coaches would at least get this roster to about a 12-4 record this season.

Failures on Special Teams are something that always points to coaching. Teams don't need top notch rosters or super star players to be good on special teams. It's all about coaching. The Cowboys even carry dedicated Special Teams players. The kicker can be blamed on the player and on they people deciding to keep that specific kicker but kickers don't tell us much about coaching per se. All other aspects of Special Teams do point directly to coaching.

The Cowboys were lost when the Patriots didn't put a Punt Returner back.

The Cowboys have been last in the league on starting field position for their offense; primarily due to problems with special teams.

The Cowboys let a rookie kick returner stay back when all kicks that day in the bad weather (Pats game) had been short.

I can remember any team where it was more obvious that the failures were due to coaching.

The Cowboys roster has looked like the more talented roster in most games this season IF you study game footage in detail.

If most or all players on a roster make similar mistakes, then it's either coaching OR the team drafted/signed all players that were prone to making mistakes. Even if a team tried to acquire only players that were prone to mistakes, it would be almost impossible to accomplish.

The probability that most or all players on the Cowboys roster would be prone to mistakes if they were on other rosters is extremely low.

The probably that the mistakes made by multiple players on the same roster being the fault of coaching is about 99.99%.

MikeB80

Reaction score
100%

Paying Dak and Cooper is a death sentence for the franchise. We will be Atlanta.

We are losing like a majority of the defense in the offseason. Having a really expensive qb and wr and a terrible defense is a really bad idea.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Add DE (best one leaving), LB (best one neck), OL (best ones injured forever), WR (best one no contract because of speculation about persistent injury). So, basically all we need is every single position on the team except QB and RB. but that's not a rebuild.

This is pretty dark...