Time to trade Dak,Parsons,and Martin

mooseman

Reaction score
If we had a competent G.M.
I move them for picks /and or players .. The cap room you save can be spent in free agency ,on holes along the D-line ( Chris Jones?? And and run stuffer) The O - line, (Tackle ,center and gaurd ) Move on from Tyron , and now you've got picks and cap room to get a Q.B ,a running back and draft a stud left tackle .
We just need a bus driver.. Paying ak like a top 5 franchise QQ.B. and not winning is just too crippling to the franchise ,you could spend less and have the same result..
Could plug alot of holes and become a more rounded team . Much tougher to beat..

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Would someone really trade for Martin at his age and trending down in his career other then a day 3 draft pick.? His cap number next year is almost $29 million for that one year. The other years are voided.

I know people voted Zack Martin for a probowl but no way he really deserved it this year. Zack struggled on the oline along with almost all of the lineman.
Heck you can argue Tyler Smith had a better year at guard then Zack.

mooseman

Reaction score
Would someone really trade for Martin at his age and trending down in his career other then a day 3 draft pick.? His cap number next year is almost $29 million for that one year. The other years are voided.

I know people voted Zack Martin for a probowl but no way he really deserved it this year. Zack struggled on the oline along with almost all of the lineman.

mooseman

Reaction score

Don't think u care about the pick position, just the savings on his salary..There is a real shortage of guards, and he still has some game left.
I would think someone that's close to contending would look at him ..

Silverz1972

Reaction score
I move them for picks /and or players .. The cap room you save can be spent in free agency ,on holes along the D-line ( Chris Jones?? And and run stuffer) The O - line, (Tackle ,center and gaurd ) Move on from Tyron , and now you've got picks and cap room to get a Q.B ,a running back and draft a stud left tackle .
We just need a bus driver.. Paying ak like a top 5 franchise QQ.B. and not winning is just too crippling to the franchise ,you could spend less and have the same result..
Could plug alot of holes and become a more rounded team . Much tougher to beat..
Parson we keep. I think you trade bland in place of parson. Resign parsons. Get him focused.

Bluefin

Reaction score
The cap room you save can be spent in free agency
Dak Prescott has a no trade clause.

And even if he waived it and said ok, Dak's salary cap number would actually increase by almost $2.5M to $61.915M.

So, there's no cap savings until 2025.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tenor.gif

Bagman

Reaction score
Love it. If the returns are reasonable, it's a time to get aggressive and start dumping salaries and acquiring extra draft picks. Smart GMs know how to do this. We know Jerry and Stephen are incompetent idiots. Rich idiots.

Bagman

Reaction score

And even if he waived it and said ok, Dak's salary cap number would actually increase by almost $2.5M to $61.915M.

But we would have draft ammo which we currently do not have. We could use the picks immediately.

Bluefin

Reaction score
But we would have draft ammo which we currently do not have. We could use the picks immediately.
And we'd be without a known QB.

And the owner doesn't have enough time to have a bad time.

And Dak isn't going to waive his no trade clause anyway.

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
Do all that and the guys we bring in will fall victim to the country club circus culture like everybody else here. Try to buck the system and Jerry will get rid of you.

Pentagruel

Reaction score
Dak has a no trade clause and even if he didn't, I doubt he would fetch a lot after the recent disaster trades of Watson and Wilson. Martin wouldn't fetch much either due to his age. Only Parsons would get you a good return but I don't really see the point in trading Parsons and then turning around and getting Jones who has a bigger salary and is older.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Did given up on Jerry doing anything good or right with this team

Hell go down on the history books as worst owner ever

Bluefin

Reaction score
Zack Martin's 2024 $18M base salary is already guaranteed and his contract is set to void in 2025.

An interested team could try to negotiate a new deal before agreeing to the trade but Zack might not want to go to a new team now.

And if we did trade him, the cap savings would be less than $4M once accounting for the replacement player on the top 51.

Expect Dallas to re-work (extension or restructure) Martin's contract to lower his cap number. A maximum restructure over the existing voidable years can generate over $12.59M in cap room.

The money is already guaranteed, so you aren't creating any new potential dead money with a restructure.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Doesn’t the team that trades for Dak inherit his contract? Obviously , the trade would have to be part of a contract extension.