Time to unleash Robert Turbin, Williams, Cole and Escobar

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I would actually like to see Butler some more. I am not ready to give up on Williams like most of this board, but I am intrigued by his speed and size.

ccb04

Reaction score
Prior to the last couple of games...D-mac had a nice 3 or so game run where he had something like 333 yards over that span. But at this time, Turbin should get more carries. He had 11 yards on just 2 carries vs. the Panthers...while DMC had 11 yards on 10 carries. It was also mentioned that DMC was one of the guys that let Thomas Davis through on the blitz that ended Romo's season. Of course, the Panthers have a pretty good run D, and held the Skins down in that area as well...even with Callahan.

Escobar may not be the blocker they'd prefer...but he could be a weapon down the seam. They should utilize that more often.

I'd like to see Dez running slant routes. Also move him around to include the slot. Mix in some quick screens. Get the ball in his hands. Where has the back shoulder fade gone? T-Will seems most comfortable with Romo.

Beasley will get open...but has to be targeted. They did so in one game, and he went over 100 yards with 2 TD's.

While wins may not follow, Cassel should be more comfortable in the offense now & perhaps be able to call out protections better on a given play...call more audibles, etc. We'll see.

Defensively...I'd like to see more of David Irving. Let Crawford see more time at the 1-tech as needed, as he see's some double teams anyway. Also move Hardy around more (inside & LDE), and let Gregory get some more snaps.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Might as well send in the clowns for the last part of a slow and painful death.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cute-Puppies-640x290.jpg

Daillest88

Reaction score
They'd let Jimmy Graham rot on the bench then b/c some of the best past catching TEs in the league can't block. Good coaches don't bench them, they highlight their strengths and try to mask their weaknesses. Garrett just expects you to execute or else.....

Yup exactly. Little Bill in New England uses the players strengths, that's why there do good.

Gaede

Reaction score
He's life after witten imo

Only the Cowboys would draft a TE years in advance of their all-pro TE retiring, even though that all-pro has played every game in his career and has shown no real signs of slowing down, while completely failing to bring in someone to replace their all pro QB, who is obviously way more important to the team's success and has started accumulated season-ending injuries

Fredd

Reaction score
keep them leashed and get a better draft pick

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They'd let Jimmy Graham rot on the bench then b/c some of the best past catching TEs in the league can't block. Good coaches don't bench them, they highlight their strengths and try to mask their weaknesses. Garrett just expects you to execute or else.....

Great post! I think JG is out to create great men and great players in the nfl. He wants them to work diligently and hard in the game and in life, which is why the players love him so much and don't quit on his process.

Now this is a theory...but maybe JG has a thought process of "execute and beat the man in front of you". Scheming, motion, pick plays and misdirection is not beating the man in front of you and not an honorable way to win. Which is why we hear the same mantra after each loss...we need to execute better. ...he probably looks at Bill Belichick with disgust as a cheater and schemer who will do anything to win...which isn't JG's mantra at all.

fifaguy

Reaction score
Ahhhhh.. Another infamous "unleash" xyz player thread.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, need to answer as many questions as we can in the remaining games.

Zordon

Reaction score
Great post! I think JG is out to create great men and great players in the nfl. He wants them to work diligently and hard in the game and in life, which is why the players love him so much and don't quit on his process.

Now this is a theory...but maybe JG has a thought process of "execute and beat the man in front of you". Scheming, motion, pick plays and misdirection is not beating the man in front of you and not an honorable way to win. Which is why we hear the same mantra after each loss...we need to execute better. ...he probably looks at Bill Belichick with disgust as a cheater and schemer who will do anything to win...which isn't JG's mantra at all.

He puts the onus on the players. The pressure is on the players to execute. The coaches have it so easy here. They barely have to use the right side of their brain - creativity, imagination, intuitiveness. Everything is about repetition and beating the man in front of you. It's going to be so frustrating seeing Escobar on another team next year b/c you know it's going be the next Marty B/Dwayne Harris.

Matt

Reaction score
You start getting these guys in the mix..good things will follow.

And start throwing to Run Dmc in the flat.

I also want Butler to be active in this game.

LOL!!!
seriously??? UNLEASH??

These guys are terrible.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
We seem to have that problem more often than not. We let so and so go and they catch with the next team and flourish.

Who? Who have we let go that just blew up somewhere else? Bennett is the closest you can say and he didn't exactly light the world on fire. He's had 1 good season since he left here. All the rest have been serviceable at best. Not horrible but not world beaters either.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Who? Who have we let go that just blew up somewhere else? Bennett is the closest you can say and he didn't exactly light the world on fire. He's had 1 good season since he left here. All the rest have been serviceable at best. Not horrible but not world beaters either.

Amendola has done well. Tnew is still playing and playing well. There is others.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Amendola has done well. Tnew is still playing and playing well. There is others.

Amendola and TNew both have spent large chunks of their career, away from here, on the injured list which is why they are no longer here. Don't get me wrong, I really wanted Amendola to stick but he is a walking talking injury waiting to happen.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Amendola and TNew both have spent large chunks of their career, away from here, on the injured list which is why they are no longer here. Don't get me wrong, I really wanted Amendola to stick but he is a walking talking injury waiting to happen.

And it di by the way.