Timing of Dak's restructure and Collins news

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm saying that Calvin Watkins said that Martin "does not want to play" RT.....he did not say "he refused to play" RT.
There is a huge difference.
Martin is not refusing to do anything.
McCarthy has said various times recently that he's not comfortable having Zack Martin move over temporarily to Right Tackle. Hmm, why would he say that when Martin played Right Tackle last season for several games AND actually did a good job playing there?

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I must have put the person who posted on my newly found ignore list, from what I'm reading from the comments is that Martin refused to play Tackle? Or they are implying it?

Thank you in advance. I enjoy your opinions, they usually fall in line with mine.
From what I gather, it seems Martin doesn't "want" to play RT as he prefers his RG position. There is no information I've seen that says Martin is "refusing" to play RT. That's a big difference. That's like me saying, "I don't want to go to work", but I don't "refuse" to work.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
I must have put the person who posted on my newly found ignore list, from what I'm reading from the comments is that Martin refused to play Tackle? Or they are implying it?

Thank you in advance. I enjoy your opinions, they usually fall in line with mine.
Somebody is taking a leap in saying "refusing". He played RT last year and said last year he didn't want to play Tackle.
I don't blame him in the least, I don't want him playing Tackle either. I might even be tempted to throw CW out there and put McGovern at LG.
The shortest distance to the QB is up the middle and I fear Biadazz needs some help from Zach inside..

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Somebody is taking a leap in saying "refusing". He played RT last year and said last year he didn't want to play Tackle.
I don't blame him in the least, I don't want him playing Tackle either. I might even be tempted to throw CW out there and put McGovern at LG.
The shortest distance to the QB is up the middle and I fear Biadazz needs some help from Zach inside..
Thanks for catching me up, much appreciated.

I know the coaches see more and know more than I will ever understand, but I don't see why they haven't tried Williams out there. Seems like he's a natural to play tackle. I agree with you there 100%

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
From what I gather, it seems Martin doesn't "want" to play RT as he prefers his RG position. There is no information I've seen that says Martin is "refusing" to play RT. That's a big difference. That's like me saying, "I don't want to go to work", but I don't "refuse" to work.
Thanks for the info, and you are correct.

I big difference between the two, heck, most folks I know never feel like going to work, but they go because it's better than having no roof or food.

Thanks again and have a great weekend.

817Gill

Reaction score
Martin re-injured his calf when playing RT. They said his pass-blocking movement as a T really stressed the calf. Might be a reason why he doesn’t want to try it back out.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sign Schwartz and cut Collins. I guarantee the contract allows the team to move on in situations like this
I'm sorry to say this, but I'm starting to agree with you. I know these guys go through a lot, but it seems Collins has been somewhat unreliable from the beginning.

There is simply no excuse for risking suspension by taking an illegal substance, if that's what happened.