News: TLH: Crazy stat underlines Leighton Vander Esch's importance to Cowboys defense

erod

Reaction score
Will he be back for the playoffs?

They need him.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
What injured players will we get back? Who should be ready first playoff game? Or will be ready if we get to second round? So and so forth?

Aven8

Reaction score
He will be back for the playoffs, but I’m not sure Hankins will be.

pancakeman

Reaction score
q

I just find it funny how there have been many threads this year about people trashing on LVE when he's had a pretty good season. Some have been watching different games I guess.
Mirror image of Zeke on the defense side. Set stratospheric expectations at the beginning of his career, and is under appreciated since by too many fans. Suggests the idea that it’s Elliot’s contract that earned him the hate here is wrong.

DripTooHard

Reaction score
He’s been playing so much better since Jalen left,

Jaylon got in everyone’s way. Then proceeded to jump on piles late. If you check his Instagram, he can make a 1 tackle game look like a world beating performance.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jaylon got in everyone’s way. Then proceeded to jump on piles late. If you check his Instagram, he can make a 1 tackle game look like a world beating performance.
I was a fan of Jaylin, I’m a Notre Dame fan. But make no mistake about it. LV played much better since Jaylin left.

_sturt_

Reaction score
My take is that he's played more effectively as he's had a DC who took more seriously the need to employ better DTs to keep OLs off him.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Mirror image of Zeke on the defense side. Set stratospheric expectations at the beginning of his career, and is under appreciated since by too many fans. Suggests the idea that it’s Elliot’s contract that earned him the hate here is wrong.

I agree that Zeke is an underappreciated player, but at the same time its a pretty inflated contract that will need to be addressed in the offseason. LVE is making 2 million this year and think it's a great value for what LVE is bringing. I wonder what his value is to bring him back.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vander Esch has been rock-solid all season after a resurgent 2021 following two injury-shortened seasons in 2020 and 2021, but it’s about time to call him a top-five most important player on the defense.

Rank them however you like. Micah Parsons, Trevon Diggs, DeMarcus Lawrence, and Jayron Kearse likely top the list, but Vander Esch is right there with Donovan Wilson in that second tier of most important defenders this year.
:hammer:

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
q

I just find it funny how there have been many threads this year about people trashing on LVE when he's had a pretty good season. Some have been watching different games I guess.

Same with Anthony Brown. Imagine if we had LVE and Brown heading into the playoffs. Throw in Hankins, a guy we just picked up off the street a month ago.

shabazz

Reaction score
LVE has been playing very well this year...Not sure why some folks on here call him trash...

There’s been one guy who’s been all over him in this forum, but I haven’t seen him post lately so there’s a good chance he’s incarcerated presently…..not that that would restrict him from access to the internet

RoboQB

Reaction score
LVE has been playing very well this year...Not sure why some folks on here call him trash...

Hate. Just pure hate. There's no other reason.
He's a solid player that has probably graded out in the top 3
on the defense by his coaches.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Beware of contract year stats.
LVE has a 2-3 record. Two good years and three questionable years. Buyers remorse may occur if the yellow question mark years outnumber the green check mark years. Just saying.