TLH: The Curious Case of Dez Bryant's Misuse

joseephuss

Reaction score
No they didn't they too the explosion out of our offense. Tony completed 36 passes for only 263 yards, teams like the Texans, Bengals, and Arizona found ways to get their big play wr's the ball and so should we. I remember them covering Irvin like this and we didn't have an answer for it then and seems like we don't now but hopefully things will change in the Chiefs game.

The article is right we are letting the defense dictate what we are going to do.

Those offenses all had similar scoring output to the Cowboys.

sbark

Reaction score
Wait a minute. Did Austin and Williams burn them? I remember Williams dropping two passes and was the reason for an INT. Austin had 10 catches for 72. I'll say that again. Austin had 10 catches for 72 yards. That isn't burning a defense. That is a pitiful average.

...agree, they were content to give what the Cowboys were forced to take. I think they figured as in past years the Cowboys miscues and penalty's would limit their drives to FG's and keep them in the game, it almost worked even with 6 turnovers to top it off.

I contend Dez is like M. Irvin---the rest of the team feeds off of him.

The Lions can find Megatron open almost at will it seems, with a lot less alternative weapons available than Romo has....ditto's for other teams with top 5 recievers, the Texans last nite as another example.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Comparing the Cowboys to the Lions or Cards is wrong on so many levels. When a team has one receiving threat and they know the QB is going to toss it up 40-50 times a game their goal is to have them make mistakes. The NFC north has played detroit like we know you will get to Megatron but we are going to force your QB to make a mistake. I mean its awesom the numbers Johnson puts up but it is to the detriment of the team. Remember when everyone was in love with RW11 because of the numbers he put up, it was because he was ona sorry *** team and when you throw so much you are going to get completions and you are going to get the numbers especially in garbage time.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I agree and disagree with you. In a way the Cowboys should not force it into Bryant. However, they should make the other teams pay for the double team on Bryant. We did not do that. When it was 3rd and long we threw short passes that didn't even get a 1st down. Heck we should have went deep to Austin several times to make the defense honest. We did none of that. Thus our offense looked a bit slow for most of the game.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
I hope they are at fault next weekend as well since we did win the game. I had to go back and check hearing people around here one would think we lost the game.

I liked the idea some of you mentioned in another thread, try bunch formation or something.