Twitter: TMZ: Vander Esch fed a fish to a wild bear

Hadenough

Reaction score
That's pretty cool to see a bear up close. I guess LVE knew that fish was the price of doing business in the bears territory.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
People get jacked up by bison because they are dumb and they stepped into the domain where its survival of fittest.

Yep! Some visitors at Yellowstone think buffalos are like cows. They'll foolishly get close, thinking they're docile. :rolleyes:

Big mistake! They do that despite the signs that are posted, warning them to keep their distance from the bison! o_O

Last edited:

jrumann59

Reaction score
Yep! Some visitors at Yellowstone think buffalos are like cows. They'll foolishly get close, thinking they're docile. :rolleyes:

Big mistake! They do that despite the signs that are posted, warning them to keep their distance from the bison! o_O
Society as a whole spends too much time protecting the "stupid"

OGCowboy

Reaction score

Play stupid games...win stupid prizes

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score

When I rode through Yellowstone with a couple buddies on our bikes the Bison were in the road. We had to weave around them and sometimes stop to let them pass between us. I chose not to reach out and grab one by the tail. We just gave each other a nod and went about our respective ways. There were plenty of people who were getting out of their cars and approaching them for a photo. I just shook my head at that and quietly wished them luck.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with that. LVE was careful.

He's probably been around young bears enough to know they're not going to attack him.

Would most people have done the same . . .? I'm pretty sure I'd have thought better of it.

Most of us aren't familiar with what young bears are likely to do, though. I guess he was!

Last edited:

jrumann59

Reaction score
He's probably been around young bears enough to know they're not going to attack him.

Would most people have done the same . . .? I'm pretty sure I'd have thought better of it.

Most of us aren't familiar with what young bears are likely to do, though. I guess he was!
Average Joe would have tried to pet the bear while trying to give the fish.....

Praxit

Reaction score
..is that same fish that was fed to, Jaylon? ...bwahahahaha....