TNF Dolphins at Bengals

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Oh no, that's not good. Head and neck injury apparently. I really hope it's not what Peyton Manning had. I could see it being that.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He should have never been in this game if he suffered a concussion last week (he did. He was out cold on the turf and had sea legs). The league should be ashamed about the mismanagement of this whole situation.

I guess when $ is more important than safety, then you get what happened to Tua. Disgusting by whoever cleared him. If it was a doctor, then the doctor ought to lose his/her license.

Bates

Reaction score
I don't know exactly what happened last week and the NFLPA is investigating, but I do know the rules are different now. Gone are the days where the team doc gives you smelling salts and sends you back out there, and that's a good thing. Concussions are nothing to trifle with.

oh I agree with you. I know it’s a non team affiliated doc that has to give the all clear. Just go watch his reaction to last weeks hit and this weeks. Both seem to be extreme reactions to me. Last week he got up stumbling shaking the cobwebs off, then fell down, got helped up and stumbled some more. This week he’s having, whatever these reactions are in his hands, another extreme response to a routine tackle. Something the doc missed.

Scotman

Reaction score
At the end of the day no game of football is worth risking a player's health like this. They still are going to have a life to live after they retire. And too many blows to the head are known to have a devastating impact on a player's long term brain health. The Dolphins are going to have a lot of explaining to do if they failed to protect Tua, after knowing that he could have had a possible concussion from Sunday.
If they slid him through protocol in any way, shape or form...the punishment had to be beyond severe.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Concussions are no joke....back in the day we thought Troy was tough for playing in a SB one week after sustaining a concussion....and he probably shouldn't have. But the mentality was different back then...I'm glad they have the protocol they have now....protect the players from themselves.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If they slid him through protocol in any way, shape or form...the punishment had to be beyond severe.

Agreed, especially with what just happened. Especially with a short week, they should have sat him last week after the hit and tonight.

Redline360

Reaction score
He shouldn't have been allowed to play regardless.

Would hate to be the Dolphins organization tomorrow or the 3rd party doctor who cleared him. Probably burning the evidence as we speak