TNF Thread Vikings vs Rams

fansince68

Reaction score
I wish our putrid offense could do a 3rd of what these offenses do? Can someone teach Dak how to move a safety with his eyes?

gmoney112

Reaction score
good game, but both those defense's are suspect.

Rams are actually very good. #1 scoring defense, top 5 or near it in most stuff.

I think ol' Wade just had too many caramel candies before the game.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Teams win games and yet here you are steadily crying about Dak and how he is all that ails this team. maybe you will begin to understand football when you can understand we've had historically great talent under the Garrett regime and still haven't been out of the 2nd round.
Tell me how drafting a new qb is going to take us to the superbowl when we've had HOF te Witten, the best o line in cowboys history, Dez Bryant, 1800 yard rusher Demarco Murray and we still didn't get to the championship game. Tell me how it's the players when we steadily got rid of the new 'problem' player only to be greeted to the same results the next year. Getting rid of TO and getting a bunch of RKGs sure fixed things up huh?

Please don't make things up about what I have said.

I have never said or implied Dak is all that ails this team.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Felix Jones averaged 9 yards a carry his first year and 5.9 his second. Marion Barber wasn't elite, but he was tough. Romo had Demarco Murray most of his career. Darren McFadden wasn't elite, but he could get 1000 yards behind this line. Romo has had the pleasure of playing with Terrell Owens, Roy Williams who was a probowler before he got here, Martellus Bennett who won a super bowl and was a probowl at the TE position, hall of fame TE Jason Witten, prime
Of course you won't pick it apart because you can't. You remember one game where Romo scored 49. How did Dak win more games than Romo in regular season when Romo had a younger Witten, pre-injury Dez, better Oline that included Ronald Leary, and Demarco Murray who rushed for MORE yards than Zeke? That's funny how 13 and 3 and 9 and 7 is considered a failure, but it's considered Romo 'carrying' the team when he went 8 and 8 and 12 and 4 his past 2 years. Romo has had nearly a decade long career with an offense stuffed with hall of famers and probowlers and he hasn't been any further than Dak in the playoffs. Romo put up 21 against the packers, but it was everybody else's fault, but Dak puts up 31 against the Packers and he was the reason we lost. Funny how 'lack of an o line' doesn't count as why Dak isn't successful, but it's fine to excuse 3 8 and 8 Romo seasons because of that reason.
Man, Im pulling for Dak bigtime.

But you need to quit with trying to compare him to Romo.
Maybe Dak will breakout and get on a nice career growth path, but he is light years behind Romo. Just not remotely comparable.

Would really love to see him get there though.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
There was an article last year in the Washington Post last year about Goff and McVay, obviously the latter being the former Commanders OC and he was coming into DC to play them, the first time since he left. It centered around Goff’s former college OC Tony Franklin and what he saw with McVay. A lot of the article concerned Franklin saying how most coaches in the NFL and in general are pretty stupid and end up ruining talent and how pleased he was when he got to see how McVay operated.

He basically was saying most coached coach to a predetermined system, while McVay works with Goff according to what he does well.

It has some really good gems and is relevant to what we see here in Dallas for years.

”When you look around the league and you see people, they constantly make excuses," Franklin said. "It gets really old. 'He played in this; he played in that.' Ninety-nine percent of the time, they have no idea what they're talking about, no clue. They talk about our offense and say, 'He never went through a read progression.' That's all we do. That's all Jared did from the time he got" to Cal.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...380210-998d-11e7-82e4-f1076f6d6152_story.html

zerofill

Reaction score
Why don't you go look up his stats his rookie year. 2016

I don't care about his rookie year, just like I don't care about Dak's rookie year. I care about here, right now...

Dak needs everything perfect to succeed. That isn't going to happen in the NFL.

Have you actually watched some of the coaches film clips? Just how open does a receiver need to be for Dak? What does it take to get Dak to go through his reads? What does it take for Dak to actually pull the trigger on a pass?

Sorry, but Dak looks exactly like his draft profile now, and last season.

Every single thing they list, is blatantly obvious now. I don't know who wrote that scouting report up, but I have never seen one that accurate in my life. Whoever it was, needs to be scouting for us.

kevm3

Reaction score
No it didn't.

lol it's funny how romo can go 8 and 8 for 3 seasons with guys like witten, dez, martellus bennett, demarco murray, felix jones, tyron smith, travis frederick and he is 'carrying' those guys. it took zack martin and murray rushing for 1800 yards to break 8 and 8... but dak going 13 and 3 and 9 and 7 with older versions of a lot of those guys and zeke out for over a third of the season is 'everything going perfect' for him.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
If we're not going to use the o line to excuse Dak, let's not use it to excuse Romo either. Those 8 and 8 seasons were square on Romo's shoulders.

The past is the past . Yes I was a fan of Romo. But that has no bearing on my opinion of Dak . If he was great. I’d be the first one waving the Pom poms. But he isn’t. It’s been a long time since I seen my boys playing for the SB. Time is a ticking and it is More than obvious Dak is a con. DC’s have him figured out. He has not shown he can adjust. Simple facts

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Cousins had a great game but like Romo has done in games with great stats all people are going to remember his turnover at the end.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't care about his rookie year, just like I don't care about Dak's rookie year. I care about here, right now...

Dak needs everything perfect to succeed. That isn't going to happen in the NFL.

Have you actually watched some of the coaches film clips? Just how open does a receiver need to be for Dak? What does it take to get Dak to go through his reads? What does it take for Dak to actually pull the trigger on a pass?

Sorry, but Dak looks exactly like his draft profile now, and last season.

Every single thing they list, is blatantly obvious now. I don't know who wrote that scouting report up, but I have never seen one that accurate in my life. Whoever it was, needs to be scouting for us.

Really, so what did Dak have perfect when he succeeded his rookie year. I want to hear this.