To get Talib now....

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
He should be available with our first pick should we chose to go that way, but he won't make it to our 2nd first round pick.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CrazyCowboy;1877211 said:
I do not want him.....he is not very good....the combine will define him to the middle of the pack
Wanna bet he gets drafted in the first round?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
There's a youtube somewhere of Jordy Nelson from KSU absolutely toasting him. Not that Nelson isn't a pretty good prospect himself, but still.

I'm not saying he isn't good, because he obviously is. But I'm not sure how much you'd want to man him up in the pros. On a zone team where he can watch the play develop and break on the ball, he'd be perfect.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1877187 said:
I also dislike how people dismiss a player because he hasn't done anything his rookie year ;)

Im not saying that hes a bust yet, summer. What i am saying is that he was selected first primarily based on his bowl performance last year. He has a ton of maturity issues, came out early and a questionable work ethic. Now he might suceed and to say he wont is foolish at this point but he IMO was clearly not worth the fist overall selection regardless of how he turns out.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1877343 said:
Im not saying that hes a bust yet, summer. What i am saying is that he was selected first primarily based on his bowl performance last year. He has a ton of maturity issues, came out early and a questionable work ethic. Now he might suceed and to say he wont is foolish at this point but he IMO was clearly not worth the fist overall selection regardless of how he turns out.

I know, I know, just busting your chops

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I used to really like Talib. He started off the season really hot on both sides of the ball.

However in the last month, he really didn't provide a lot.

Someone nailed it earlier. Hes a ballhawk but from what I have seen, he takes risks and doesn't have the elite speed to do so.

I'd rather go with someone else.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
He won't go up simply based on that one play.

I think he's a 2nd rounder, possible late 1st if someone gets the jones for him. I can't put my finger on why, but I get a very Mike Rumph-like feeling about him.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1876924 said:
Trade up??

No kidding.

He's not Deion Sanders. Not even Terrence Newman.

Good corner, like to have him and so on.

But cease and desist before someone gets hurt.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Speed is so important for a CB- especially recovery speed. He aint got it.