TO in seattle next year?

JPostSam

Reaction score
not news or a rumor, just conjecture. assuming that the eagles don't indulge his contract demands and he goes seeking a new team -- something he has hinted he would do, and basically said that he would do in the espn interview -- his best bet would probably be seattle. they are talented, have a solid quarterback and a great runner -- and they have one of the worst receiving corps in the league. plus, mike homgren needs to show something in the playoffs.

perfect fit for owens, who could put them over the top for a year or two?

lspain1

Reaction score
Holmgren would never take T.O. If he did, I would lose all respect for him and Holmgren just might be the next head coach of the Dallas Cowboys.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
JPostSam said:
not news or a rumor, just conjecture. assuming that the eagles don't indulge his contract demands and he goes seeking a new team -- something he has hinted he would do, and basically said that he would do in the espn interview -- his best bet would probably be seattle. they are talented, have a solid quarterback and a great runner -- and they have one of the worst receiving corps in the league. plus, mike homgren needs to show something in the playoffs.

perfect fit for owens, who could put them over the top for a year or two?
I could see that.

Honestly, Washington would be an option as well. Moss and Owens would be a powerful combo.

Atlanta would seem to be an option, but the owner there has been pretty outspoken aobut not being interested in Owens.

It will take a certain kind of owner and a certain kind of coach to take him in. I'm not sure how many teams fit that bill. But he's way to talented to go unemployed.

One thing I know is that I don't want him in Dallas!!!

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
I dunno about Holmgen, Danny. He's just witnessed how a much more 'secure' head coach in Andy Reid had TO make a mockery of his team and leadership.

The Walrus is coming off the Koren Robinson fiasco, and I am sure a top flight receiver would take the sting out of that failure, but would he dare chance another bad boy, and one as intransigent as TO, blowing up in his face?

Holmy has had what..seven seasons or so in Seattle? If he doesn't win a playoff game or two this year, my guess is he MUST next, and while TO gives any team the best 'next step' shot, he also is the riskiest gamble in the game.

I'd guess no...Holmgren in the final analysis is like Tuna.

Just too old for that kind of nonsense.

The short list of coaches who could 'handle' TO is non-existant. Lewis, Mora, Del Rio..a young guy with energy? Nah. Not them either.

It's not about managerial style when it comes to this guy, or the ability to bond, or better button pushing. The onus on forging a successful relationship is too much on TO himself, and he's pretty much proven he's not into it.

jman

Reaction score
I think T.O. just Jeff George'd himself....