TO is no saint, but why aren't we upset with Werder's 'sources'?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2486952 said:
Is it the same type of teammate who runs to Deion to complain about the offense on national TV? Is it the same type of teammate who goes to the media directly following a loss and airs his grievances over this lack of touches? Is is the same type of teammate who spreads dissension within own team with accusations of clandestine meetings between the quarterback and tight end?

Just curious.
do not support this behaviour in any form or fashion...but at least no one is left to wonder "how he feels" At least he did not hide behind Ed Werder. Those interviews he conducted did not LEAD TO THE KIND OF FIRESTORM we are witnessing now.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
links18;2486970 said:
This is what happens when the coaches and management have no legitimacy and the players have no accountability. They take their grievances to the press, because they have no fear of any repercussions, but at the same time management is blind to their concerns, but won't tell them to shut up and just play....
to true...and for that you can thank Jerry...you cannot blame Wade...Wade is being who he has always been. Jerry likes media buzz of all kind. And he was like this LONG before Wade came around

Kangaroo

Reaction score
bbailey423;2486979 said:
do not support this behaviour in any form or fashion...but at least no one is left to wonder "how he feels" At least he did not hide behind Ed Werder. Those interviews he conducted did not LEAD TO THE KIND OF FIRESTORM we are witnessing now.

Yes they have why do you think all this stuff leaked out; you think it was by accident. Please it all ties together. There is no difference going to the media like that cause issues eventually.

Then again lets stick our head in the sand lalala all is good it is not TO's fault lala.

See the problem is we are trying to blame one player the fact of the matter is that Newman has popped off that makes him part of the problem; TO has popped off he is part of the problem; Witten is now in that mix as well. We could threw some more on the fire.

Then lets not even talk about the dufuss that is Wade and I say Jerry is part of the issue.

This entire team is poised to collapse upon itself and at the end of the year. Sunday will confirm that or see if the fences have been mended.

My hunch right now is this team is toast.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
this whole thing to me seems to be a load of bs about nothing. un-named sources is journalistic licence to make things up, if something concrete comes out backing all this up then fair enough. until then its not worth giving the rat "journalist" the credence to be even talking about this in my opinion

Kangaroo

Reaction score
daschoo;2487034 said:
this whole thing to me seems to be a load of bs about nothing. un-named sources is journalistic licence to make things up, if something concrete comes out backing all this up then fair enough. until then its not worth giving the rat "journalist" the credence to be even talking about this in my opinion

Ok then Watergate never happened since it was uncovered due to unnamed sources by the Washington Post beat riders Woodward and Bernstein.

Therefore it never happened because the story they printed was verified by unnamed sources but lunched an investigation into Watergate.

Whistle Blowers do not exist and are made up.

So what ever makes you sleep better at night works for me.

Mash

Reaction score
The damage has already been done....

Its a circus...

Where are the team leaders here?

Has Romo spoken about the issue and put it too rest?

Wade tried....but he is a suppose puppet

Jerry has...but to some he is a idiot...

TMZ...opps...BSPN reached their goal...their hired hands have contracts to dig anything up on Dallas true or false......and we already know the local media have their agenda's......unnamed sources is their proof....

Wade runs a camp cupcake....

Jerry is a idiot

and TO is a selfish player....

Lets put the blame on all three.....its what the media wanted....its easy...and its a great excuse on why our supposed talented team has played poorly this year.

Lets just forget how alot of players underperformed...

How our OL has strugged in the running game and if not for Romo knack to buy more time....our OL pass blocking is just average.

How injuries hurt this club all year...

what a week....

Romo chokes against Pitt....and we have players proclaiming accoutability...players questioning coaches.....WR's wanting the ball more....

Typical media frenzy in Dallas....dissension amoung teammates.....dessension amough fans.....

Can we get to the game already :)

Then monday morning we can all rant or rave on either how great this team came together or how Wade and his clowns tore this team down that the great Bill Parcells built :rolleyes:

Embrace the hate?
Embrace the circus......I say :)

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
If I had to pick one player that I would want to be a leader of this team between TO and Witten, it would be Witten. I frankly am getting very tired of seeing TO and his act off the field. Do I like what he has done for us on the field? You bet! But do I believe he is adding to our team this year with everything factored in? I can't how he is.

If Witten is the supposed unnamed source, I believe there must be really bad issues within this team. Witten has been nothing but a model teammate and is one of the superier people on this team. Look at both his and TO's character and tell me who you would rather your kids look up to!

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Kangaroo;2487043 said:
Ok then Watergate never happened since it was uncovered due to unnamed sources by the Washington Post beat riders Woodward and Bernstein.

Therefore it never happened because the story they printed was verified by unnamed sources but lunched an investigation into Watergate.

Whistle Blowers do not exist and are made up.

So what ever makes you sleep better at night works for me.

fair enough. but on the other hand i could claim unnamed sources tell me you're a crook. it doesn't make it true but it has as much integrity as this story

Kangaroo

Reaction score
daschoo;2487290 said:
fair enough. but on the other hand i could claim unnamed sources tell me you're a crook. it doesn't make it true but it has as much integrity as this story

True that is why you should have more than one source before you go crazy with a story. Now do i believe the entire story no ! I think there is some facts in it and I believe there is turmoil amongst the player and coaches.

How it plays out I have no clue it could be a whole lot of nothing and exaggerated. Sunday should tell us the story of this teams mindset

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
bbailey423;2486979 said:

In essence, you're arguing that TO's behavior is more acceptable than Witten's behavior because TO put his interests ahead of the team's interests in the loudest, most vociferous way possible?

Are you serious?

This "firestorm" didn't occur over night. It's been brewing for awhile now mostly because of TO's antics.

Boysboy

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2487423 said:
In essence, you're arguing that TO's behavior is more acceptable than Witten's behavior because TO put his interests ahead of the team's interests in the loudest, most vociferous way possible?

Are you serious?

This "firestorm" didn't occur over night. It's been brewing for awhile now mostly because of TO's antics.

Noone's throwing Witten under the bus. Pt being that WHOEVER this "anonymous source" is, that person was WRONG to leak stuff to the media. MAJOR MAJOR mistake.

Other than that-I agree with you that this is the tip of the iceberg, as it's building up for some time now.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
There are no "sources". Werder loves naming sources to help further divide teams, but he isnt this time? Uh-huh.

He has a vested interest in lying to get ratings.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Boysboy;2487428 said:
Noone's throwing Witten under the bus. Pt being that WHOEVER this "anonymous source" is, that person was WRONG to leak stuff to the media. MAJOR MAJOR mistake.

Other than that-I agree with you that this is the tip of the iceberg, as it's building up for some time now.

I never accused anyone of throwing Witten under the bus.

Personally, I'm not troubled by players who speak with the media, provided they aren't doing so solely to further their own petty self-interests.