TO: "BP has 10 years worth of film of me"

mbanx

Reaction score
Now I know it was probably a mistake on my part to start this thread, thats okay it is not my first and won't be my last. I have not heard the audio and would like to think it is hearsay, BUT if it is not then I am really concerned and would like for somebody to talk me off the ledge. First off it's my fault for thinking he would change, because if he can't make it here he is done unless he will work for the vet. minimum. (if he is lucky) I guess what I want to know his do you think this is the beginning of the end, Jerry steps in and lays down the law or mediates, last how does Parcells react. I have never seen someone with so much talent self destruct so badly (if this is true).

PS If anybody from the media reads this then please, please diregard it. I am just a blue collar worker who loves the Cowboys and for once not like to see them in the limelight. If you do however I expect to be named as a source:mad:

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
He did say that, but that was in refernce to BP sating he wants to see what kind of player he has, and TO also quickly followed up with this is not meant as disrespect, but he just feels his past can speak for him.

You can come off the ledge

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Man I pray I'm wrong but this kind of thing is not going to sit well with Parcells. Parcells said he needed to see him practice and play. TO won't hear it or rather can't respond to it IMO, but he had better listen. I don't think those who feel TO is so good Parcells will play him no matter what are right. We have enough weapons at WR that TO is not indispensable. And Parcells has an ego, too. That's JMO.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I have to agree with Golic here. These are two grown men who won't say the others name? Why not sit down and talk about it. Aren't we all on the same team? They don't seem to be communicating? I really don't like this battle of will thing. T.O. is not your average guy. I think BP should just relax a little with all of the tough guy talk.

metalichris

Reaction score
I actually think if BP is mad....he is in the wrong. We all have seen what a lingering hamstring can do to a person throughout the season. I'm nuetral when it comes to picking sides....so I can get both points of view. If Owens gets hurt for the rest of season because BP has an ego...I don't think that will sit well with JJ. But this is all speculation at this point....JMO.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
This kind of flew under the radar today, with John Saldi getting cut and all.

But Owens making a comment like that isn't going to sit well with Parcells.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
metalichris said:
I actually think if BP is mad....he is in the wrong. We all have seen what a lingering hamstring can do to a person throughout the season. I'm nuetral when it comes to picking sides....so I can get both points of view. If Owens gets hurt for the rest of season because BP has an ego...I don't think that will sit well with JJ. But this is all speculation at this point....JMO.

I agree with you that BP shouldn't get mad. But he is a person like the rest of us and this is starting to sound like people are drawing lines in the sand. That ain't going to work with BP. If TO would just be quiet and only be injured then there would be less tension and less reason for Bill to get angry. He has a right to be angry if he perceives TO is challenging him. JMO.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Remember what BP said about Larry Allen? That the past is past and that you have to prove to him all over again?

BP says those sorts of things, but I really don't think he means it when it comes to vets.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
One of Owens' problems is that he doesn't understand that he is not on a par with Bill. Just look at his comments: "I told Bill we'll have to be patient with one another." "Bill and I are still getting to know each other." Owens sees this whole venture as a partership, not an employee/employer relationship. He's been told so many times how wonderful he is -- he has all kinds of fans chanting his name, he can write books that people buy, he's the lead story on Sportscenter -- that he really sees himself as equal in stature to the coach. And he thinks he should be able to control when he plays, as he (now apparently) did in San Fran and Philly.

Naturally, that isn't going to play well with this coach.

Like ZeroClub said in another thread, Owens is just not very bright. He doesn't understand that the things he says can be inflammatory, and he doesn't see why he should change his ways. After all, in his mind, he hasn't done anything wrong.

Many people have theorized that Owens has acted up in the past because of money. And it seems that Jerry thought that throwing a bunch of money at the player would take care of things. But I'm afraid he's going to find that money isn't what makes Owens act like a loon.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I know what TO means, but his biggest problem is he just reacts to a question and starts spewing from the mouth before he actually takes time to think about what he's saying. He has no filter between his brain and his mouth. He almost got into a full fledged "We're talking about practice" Allen Iverson speach the other day and stoped about halfway into it and retreated before it was too late. It was so obvious that his brain just suddenly turned on at that moment and told his mouth to stop.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
I know what TO means, but his biggest problem is he just reacts to a question and starts spewing from the mouth before he actually takes time to think about what he's saying. He has no filter between his brain and his mouth. He almost got into a full fledged "We're talking about practice" Allen Iverson speach the other day and stoped about halfway into it and retreated before it was too late. It was so obvious that his brain just suddenly turned on at that moment and told his mouth to stop.
Exactly, IR. Dave Shore did the training camp show every night, and he said that after two weeks of listening to TO, he thought it was clear that Owens wasn't really malicious, but he just doesn't comprehend how things sound coming out of his mouth. Like Shore said, it seemed like sometimes Owens was trying to say the right things and he'd even walk away feeling proud of himself for handling an interview just perfectly, and only later was it clear that he was saying things that don't sound good to everyone else.

I mean, the comments about Garcia and McNabb are things that you know other players have said in locker rooms, but Owens doesn't understand that you don't say them in the press.

cwalk

Reaction score
Point blank...he just should'nt talk to the media...and problem solved!!!!!

get it done Jerry.....

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
TO, like DeIon is a hired gun... Deion wasnt a great teammate... TO is probably going to be just ok in that regard... let him make plays... BP has to relax a little... let TO heal...

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
THEHEREAFTER said:
I really don't like this battle of will thing.
I think it's foolish too. It really doesn't matter who's "right." There is a season to be played here. Somebody has to communicate to both sides that they need each other to make the whole thing work.

Maybe a marriage counselor would help.

ddh33

Reaction score
I think folks are right about TO not really having a "filter" to think about how his words are going to sound. But there are worst things to be in the world than being "too honest". Parcells has been known to be the same way at times...

What's annoying to me is that so few people are willing to give the Cowboys the benefit of the doubt here though. Maybe TO didn't mean anything in a malicious way? Maybe Parcells didn't either? Maybe those two (and Jerry) have talked everything over and are fine with things? But ESPN (among others) just keeps pumping out things that seem to lack foundation or merit as proof that this thing is going to be a disaster.

By the way, I have to admit the possibility that this could end up as a disaster. But why can't the story write itself? Why does everyone feel the need to create news instead or letting it unfold?

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
TO needs to shut the hell up, quit being a wimp, and play.

to wear the star means to play, for GOD

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
"You know, um, lak I sed, I am the best Wide Receiver in the game and, um, lak I sed, if you ax anybody round the league, you know, lak I sed, they'd tell you what it is that I do with the football in my hands, lak I sed."
-T.O.

mcnabbmcnow

Reaction score
BINGO. We have a winner. This was the same problem in Philly - him talking to the coach like his buddy rather than as his employer.

Chocolate Lab said:
One of Owens' problems is that he doesn't understand that he is not on a par with Bill. Just look at his comments: "I told Bill we'll have to be patient with one another." "Bill and I are still getting to know each other." Owens sees this whole venture as a partership, not an employee/employer relationship. He's been told so many times how wonderful he is -- he has all kinds of fans chanting his name, he can write books that people buy, he's the lead story on Sportscenter -- that he really sees himself as equal in stature to the coach. And he thinks he should be able to control when he plays, as he (now apparently) did in San Fran and Philly.

Naturally, that isn't going to play well with this coach.

Like ZeroClub said in another thread, Owens is just not very bright. He doesn't understand that the things he says can be inflammatory, and he doesn't see why he should change his ways. After all, in his mind, he hasn't done anything wrong.

Many people have theorized that Owens has acted up in the past because of money. And it seems that Jerry thought that throwing a bunch of money at the player would take care of things. But I'm afraid he's going to find that money isn't what makes Owens act like a loon.