To the greatest Cowboys fan I know - my father

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
May god grant you strength in this trying time. Cherish the memories.

SC Cowboyfan

Reaction score
I am so very sorry to hear about your Dad's passing. My condolences to you and your family.

I lost my father when I was nine. No words can bring him back, but whenever you think of him or something reminds you of him, a smile will be in your heart.

TXCowboyVol

Reaction score
I certainly consider myself a "real man" and I have never lost a parent, so I can only empathize....but I can proudly say with no shame, your story made tears stream down my face as I read it, as if I were you on that day. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers and I promise you, you will be reunited with him one day! Your dad is smiling down and is proud of his boy and what a great tribute you wrote for him. He's personally reading it to Tom and Tex in admiration! :) I have the utmost respect for you and your father because of the sacrifices you made overseas, to keep guys like me and my fam safe from foreign threats. Thank you and your dad for your service and may he eternally rest in peace.

God Bless,

JM, a new friend

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
DallasCowboysRule!;3302620 said:
I'm sorry for your loss. Stay strong. You have my prayers and best wishes.

I feel for you buddy, I lost my dad in 2003. I grew up watching cowboys games with him, telling stories. How he would keep me posted on them when i was working, who we drafted in 70s etc, ,,,

May God Bless you and your family and your dad root with cb up in heaven now, with my dad and another friend of mine that was a doctor in dallas once. He was in medical room where all the cowboys came in 60s and 70s to get operated on.

ologan

Reaction score
Your father lives, and will continue to live, thru you. My thoughts and sympathy are with you.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
If I never heard the word Cancer ever again I would be ecstatic.

Stay strong bro.

I have lost my eldest brother and both parents to Cancer.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
dcfanatic;3302734 said:
If I never heard the word Cancer ever again I would be ecstatic.

Stay strong bro.

I have lost my eldest brother and both parents to Cancer.

amen.

it's why i can't stand people saying "cancer in the lockerroom".

nowhere the same thing and a very bad analogy.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
a fair wind behind his back, lad, and vistas before him in uncharted waters.

we live we die and we are remembered for our fondness for living.

R.I.P. and I hope he greets me there when my time comes.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
iceberg;3302758 said:
amen.

it's why i can't stand people saying "cancer in the lockerroom".

nowhere the same thing and a very bad analogy.

people dont mean nothing by it. It is just a saying because MANY people have been touched by this disease. So just let it go and accept it as a human reaction to some things.

Nice to see ya hear, slushy.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Draeg, you have done your dad proud with this post... it's a brilliant piece of writing, full of heart, and I feel like I got to know your father a little...

I also lost my father suddenly, nearly 30 years ago, so I can relate to the emotional numbness, the pure shock, you're experiencing... but again, man, you did him proud...

You have my condolences, and my respect...

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
Idgit;3302530 said:
I lost my old man to cancer 16 years ago. It's...crushing.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Draegerman.

Sorry for your loss but there are plenty of die hard fans to keep the the fire burning. We won't let you down.

March 7th is my grandmothers birthday. She passed two years ago. We were close.

Big loss.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;3302782 said:
people dont mean nothing by it. It is just a saying because MANY people have been touched by this disease. So just let it go and accept it as a human reaction to some things.

Nice to see ya hear, slushy.

which is why i look the other way when it's said. i know it's not meant to be the same and my own 'skin' has to toughen up.

still sucks. and still a bad analogy. i'm not saying don't use it. please. by all means.

still sucks.

brickman

Reaction score
Draegerman,

Please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your father and know that he will be in my prayers. I lost my father to cancer at the age of 58 ... way too young. He worked hard all his life for his family, retired and within a year was dead. My only good thought was knowing that he wasn't in pain anymore. I'm sure it hurts very badly, but it sounds like he was a great man. Take solace in remembering the good times you had together. Live your life as a tribute to him.

This forum has a tremendous amount of great people that really care about us. In time of pain & suffering this is a great place to come for support.

May your dad rest in peace & may you find the strength to carry on.

brickman

jgboys1

Reaction score
A very touching tribute, to your father. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Lost my baby Sister to Cancer 4 months ago. That post brought tears to my eyes yesterday when I read it. Waited till today to respond.

Stay strong Draeg.

DavidS

Reaction score
Sorry for you and your family's loss Draeg.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.