TO was looking at Romo in awe

2much2soon

Reaction score
on the sideline late in the Chi. game.
I don't think I have ever seen TO look at another player like that before.
Anybody else catch that?

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
2much2soon;1668747 said:
Anybody else catch that?

They were talking and they both were happy they just won a big game. TO was not looking at Romo in "awe" come on now!! I know we are giddy about Romo's success; however this is a little extreme:banghead:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I didnt catch that.

I do know that TO is happy to have a QB that will go to him.
I do know that TO is happy to be part of the Cowboys family.
I do know that TO wants a SB victory.

remember when he raised the NFC title trophy... he was amped up... very happy... he is great and feels he should be among the greats that have won the SB

2much2soon

Reaction score
sbuscha;1668758 said:
They were talking and they both were happy they just won a big game. TO was not looking at Romo in "awe" come on now!! I know we are giddy about Romo's success; however this is a little extreme:banghead:

Yeah right, I am the last one who is giddy about a 3-0 start. I been watching this team too long and seen to many weird things happen over the course of a season. I have also seen this team not live up to its potential way too many times.

I was just amazed to see TO looking at Romo like that. Like he was looking up to him.
Romo has complete control of this offense.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
I don't know that I would call it "awe" but I did see "respect" in his eyes and that is something new for Owens. This is Romo's team moreso than the Cowboys have been any QB's team since Aikman and Staubach in their Glory Days and Owens is thrilled to be a part of this. Garrett's schemes are designed to treat Owens like a Star Player and he is loving that. And Romo is getting him the ball in those opportunities the scheme's create. Damn Straight he is loving it.

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
Maybe he realized at that moment he was a romosexual like the rest of us :D

ndanger

Reaction score
I'm shocked and awed that you were watching the twinkle in T.O's eyes.:eek:

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
what I saw was a player pumped to finally be used like he has been telling everyone to use him.

Romo is Genious in his way to Pacify T.O., and it is easy. Just give him the damn ball and let him make plays.

mmohican29

Reaction score
What's telling is the exchange between Tony and T.O.

There is chemistry there beyond football, they are friends too. Romo has had T.O.'s back since he arrived and T.O. values loyalty.

T.O. said it best: "I WANT to make plays for Tony and my teammates..."

Tony must have gotten in T.O.'s ear and said hey when it looks like ur not getting the ball, trust me you WILL get the football.... and Tony has made T.O. touches count for big big yards thus far.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
We really don't give Wade Phillips enough credit - meaning when he came to Dallas, he made this a family and not a dictatorship of power.

He also refuses to put restraints on players other than the simple rules, practice and play hard. He also had no ego with Garrett. He doesn't try to force Garrett or his D coordinator (his name escapes me) to run something specific.

His ego (or the lack thereof) has been the main reason this team has flourished. He allows people to do what they do best, and this includes Romo. Now Romo is doing his thing with no worries of being bi***ed out, or treated like a child. He knows if he messes up, they will explain to him his adjustments, and he can then go back in and get it done.

TO has benifited from Wade as well, and now TO can be close to Romo and not have to worry about all the media stuff and the ego driven attitudes, he can just play.

Roughneck

Reaction score
I can't help but think back to that horrible, horrible night in Seattle last season.

There were numerous reports from inside the Cowboys locker room that Romo was, understandably, extremely disappointed in himself and how the game ended. He sat in front of his locker with his head down. Yet who was it that came over and sat next to Tony, talking to him until well after most others had already cleared out? None other than Terrell "QB Killer" Owens.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Clove;1668870 said:
We really don't give Wade Phillips enough credit - meaning when he came to Dallas, he made this a family and not a dictatorship of power.

He also refuses to put restraints on players other than the simple rules, practice and play hard. He also had no ego with Garrett. He doesn't try to force Garrett or his D coordinator (his name escapes me) to run something specific.

His ego (or the lack thereof) has been the main reason this team has flourished. He allows people to do what they do best, and this includes Romo. Now Romo is doing his thing with no worries of being bi***ed out, or treated like a child. He knows if he messes up, they will explain to him his adjustments, and he can then go back in and get it done.

TO has benifited from Wade as well, and now TO can be close to Romo and not have to worry about all the media stuff and the ego driven attitudes, he can just play.

With all that being said, and I agree 100%........I firmly believe Romo's play would've gotten him the BP death stare on several occassions Sunday night.

MONT17

Reaction score
2much2soon;1668747 said:
Anybody else catch that?

I missed it was it the same "U r on Roids" look Jeter gave Arod not to long ago?