Toby Keith, who sang "Should've been a Cowboy" has died at 62

Jayinem

Reaction score
Toby Keith, the country singer who scored the genre’s most-played song of the ’90s with “Should’ve Been a Cowboy,” died on Monday night of stomach cancer. He was 62.

The news was announced on Keith’s official website as well as his social media channels. “Toby Keith passed peacefully last night on Feb. 5, surrounded by his family,” the statement reads. “He fought his fight with grace and courage. Please respect the privacy of his family at this time.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/toby-keith-ve-cowboy-singer-100300907.html

Jayinem

Reaction score
Wow, I had no idea he was sick. He had a lot of really good songs, and he was very patriotic.

R.I.P. Dreamwalker.
Yeah he didn't look well the last few years.

nnkEpTB.jpeg

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Dang!! I didn't even know he was sick. That's too bad.

He has one of the like 10 country songs I like:

"I should've been a cowboy
I should've learned to rope and ride
Wearin' my six-shooter, ridin' my pony on a cattle drive
Stealin' the young girls' hearts"

RIP Good Sir!!!

playmakers

Reaction score
I remember as a kid intentionally ordering sports illustrated to get my cowboy yearly tape after winning the superbowl. I was in my teens and had to convince the parents to pay that 29.99 or whatever it was for a yearly subscription.

At the end of the tape, there was a toby keith video about the superbowl champion cowboys in which i thought was put together really good. I watch that thing alot. He also did the opening to mnf vs the eagles. It was all cowboy opening and no eagles stuff. Haha.

Anyway, i know toby keith did alot of things but thats what i will most remember him for. Any thoughts.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Anytime I am near OKC, I make it a point to go to his restaurant I Love this Bar and Grill. They have the best prime rib sandwich that I have ever had. It is followed up by a slice of buttermilk pie. The fried bologna sandwich isn’t bad either :thumbup:

kskboys

Reaction score
Holy Larry, completely shocked.

Want to see a great video w/ him and Terry Bradshaw, "I'm Just Talking About Tonight."

You might like that one even if you don't care for his music.