Today is the day! My thoughts.

fortdick

Reaction score
For what it is worth, I thought I would throw out my thoughts in case someone wants to rub them in my face later. Theogt?

The Cowboys do not need to take running back in the first round. Second round would be good. MBIII will be the starter and spending a first on a backup is a waste, unless........

Jerruh is thinking of letting MBIII go after this year when he becomes a free agent. If he can't get Barber for second tier money, then he can wait this year out and see if his RB is the real deal. If that is the thought process, then a first round pick on RB makes sense. If there is a trade for McFadden then MBIII is either going back to role playing or history.

We need CB and WR badly. While I would like to see a trade for Detroit's Williams, I really don't see it happening. We should probably take a CB with #22 and a WR at #28. I don't think this is a strong class for WR's, though,, and would not be surprised to see a trade with Atlanta moving down for more picks. Our #28 and our 3rd for their first two second round picks?

With the trade of Fasano and Ayodele, a couple things come to mind. Carpenter may get his shot this year. Zack Thomas was great in his day, but I think his day has ended. He will definately be a force in running situations but I don't see him playing full time. Carpenter can step in and compete for the job and at least spell Thomas. I think this possibility would be an upgrade over Ayodele. But now the Cowboys need depth at LB again. (Maybe the Miami 4th)

Finally, I was wondering, on the odd chance Jerruh really wants McFadden and is willing to sell his soul for him, if the lopsided nature of the trades with Miami has earned Jerruh some emotional credit with Parcells. Killer for a 6th wsa cheap, Ayodele and Fasano for a fourth is robbery. It would all balance out if Miami was willing to give up their second and maybe a fifth for our #28. That would put us where we need to be for a RB and give Miami a shot at the QB they need.

Does anyone now think that Owen Schmidt would be a good pick up?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Somehow I don't think Parcells gives a damn about any emotional credit with Jerry...

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
ESPN is saying that Chris Long will indeed go to the Rams.