Today we find out if Commanders game was turning point

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Today we find out if Commanders game was turning point in our season.

The 2nd Commanders game was there to lose.
Panic was in the air.

But the team perservered. By however small a margin.
They got it done.

Lets face it... a loss there and we are forced to win EVERY game left on schedule. As it stands now we may have only ONE loss in the margin for error. But atleast THAT loss has not happened yet.

Today tells us alot. IMO.

Gobble Gobble.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
I don't think we learn much until next week.

Seattle is a bad, bad team. Bad on both sides of the ball. We could see a blowout, or an indifferent, closer game. Either way, unless this team is completely unprepared, Seattle has little chance.

But next week, we play a very good team, on the road, in December.

lspain1

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2445544 said:
But next week, we play a very good team, on the road, in December.

Add to that, the likelihood that the field will be sloppy and it's going to be cold. The Cowboys lose today and all of that becomes academic, but I think next week is the first real test.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The turning point in our season was the return of Romo. Especially if we go into Pittsburgh and get a W.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
big dog cowboy;2445553 said:
The turning point in our season was the return of Romo. Especially if we go into Pittsburgh and get a W.

Ya, beating Pitt in their house would be HUGE. It's totally doable. Pitt is good, but Parker is banged up and their OL sucks.

newlander

Reaction score
test.....what test? I'm too busy drooling over the Halle Berry picture.....

TwentyOne

Reaction score
silverbear;2445542 said:
Actually, I think the Steelers game will be that test...

I agree. Steeler game will show if something has changed with our team.

And i really figure on beating the steelers. This would give us alot of confidence!

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
All today really shows is if we are a focused team or not. If we are we'll take care of business and stomp on Seattle pretty good. If they are not, then we'll play poorly and/or let them hang around for 4 quarters.

This would be a great game to get a big lead and be able to get some guys off the field for the 4th qtr.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
everybody here seems to be expecting a blowout. I see this as a dogfight today.

They have two good corners. THey have terrific linebackers.

I think their linebackers shut down barber and the game falls on romo. If romo is forcing the ball to owens we might be in for a long day.

I really dont see the hawks defense as bad. Some people just look at stats and not the actual games.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
Sorry, but your posts have become like that old Far Side cartoon -- What Dogs Hear.

Here's what I read and thought:
"Blah blah blah blah blah blah...blah blah blah...Gobble, Gobble, Halle Berry.

So, yes, YoMick, I agree completely. Gobble, Gobble, Halle Berry.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
But just to be clear, yes I read it and, yes, I agree. Winning 3 in a row in the NFL takes character, regardless of the chumps you're playing. Especially considering where we were after that St. Louis game.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
theebs;2445612 said:

I think their linebackers shut down barber and the game falls on romo. If romo is forcing the ball to owens we might be in for a long day.

I really dont see the hawks defense as bad. Some people just look at stats and not the actual games.
Agreed. I'll take any kind of relatively injury-free win today, whatsoever.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
theebs;2445612 said:

It should be a blowout. They're 2-9 and have been blown out several times.

They have 2 good corners, 2 good LBs, yet they can't stop anyone from passing.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theebs;2445612 said:

if its a game much into the 2nd half, something is wrong. Seattle has been pretty lousy. They are 31st in the league in total offense. They are 29th in total defense and give up over 380 yds a game.

They are ranked at the bottom of the league in virtually every passing game stat defensively. Very high opposing QB rating, very high completion %, very high yds per attempt. Only 5 interceptions. They have name CB's, but they are playing lousy football. They are ranked in the 20's vs the run too. Plus Patrick Kerney is now on IR.

doubtful

if you give up 380+ yds a game, have a QB rating against of almost 100, give up almost 67% comp % and a little over 25 pts a game, what else do you need to see?

TwentyOne

Reaction score
theebs;2445612 said:

I disagree.

The cornerbacks (all three) are very small. They will have troubles with our big physical receivers like they have had all season with big receivers.

I don't know how good their LB gropup is but their DLine is very small. Against the run they will be overmatched by or OLine. So the LBs won't be able to run free.
We may have troubles protecting Romo against the pass because usually our Front 5 is struggling against fast and agil passrusher like they have in their DE and one of their LB afaik. But i don't think we will have problems against them running wise.

Seattle is bad against the pass AND against the run. I think they will pick their poison and stack up against the run and hope their pass rush will get Romo out of sync.

But i agree this game may easily develope into a dogfight.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
YoMick;2445540 said:
Today we find out if Commanders game was turning point in our season.

The 2nd Commanders game was there to lose.
Panic was in the air.

But the team perservered. By however small a margin.
They got it done.

Lets face it... a loss there and we are forced to win EVERY game left on schedule. As it stands now we may have only ONE loss in the margin for error. But atleast THAT loss has not happened yet.

Today tells us alot. IMO.

Gobble Gobble.
I slightly disagree. I believe that mindset developed immediately following the New York loss and not two weeks later.

At that point, they saw New York with a 7-1 record, which was also unblemished within the division, and a three game cushion with only eight games left.

Right then, the team saw the Commanders at 6-2 (but soon to be 6-3 a day later) with a two game margin above them, firmly grasping one of the wild card seeds in their hands.

At that moment, they saw the Panthers and Buccaneers both vying for either a division-winning playoff seed and the other, final wild card seed at 6-2 and 6-3 respectfully. Even the 5-3 Falcons may have been slightly uncomfortable to acknowledge.

In my opinion, the possible turning point for the season, within the minds of players and coaches alike, happened after seeing the scoreboard post 35-14 in the Meadowlands. That's the moment when I feel that the team collectively got a grip on themselves and realized that every game was a must win from that point forward.

The funny thing is that they don't have to prove it to the fans or the media or even Jerry Jones. With the talent assembled on this team, they need to prove it to themselves. Fans like to lob excuses their way, but this season will be determined as much by the resolve and grit of its players and coaches as it will by who is or isn't standing on the sidelines.

That's football. That's heart. That's the NFL and either this team applies that same mindset to every game here on out and win--or they won't and will be left wondering why they allowed this season to tank.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;2445612 said:

The fact of the matter is...they have the second worst pass defense in the league. They give up a whopping 260 yds per game in PASSING alone. The only other team in the league worse than that is SD.

I'm not to worried about Seattle forcing us to throw the ball in the least. FWIW of course.... ;)

Boysboy

Reaction score
lspain1;2445548 said:
Add to that, the likelihood that the field will be sloppy and it's going to be cold. The Cowboys lose today and all of that becomes academic, but I think next week is the first real test.

I HATE to play Pitt, why? B/c they are a very, very, very physical team. 9/10 times their opponents' players get carted off the field. We had to play them sometime, but playing them in the stretch run is VERY bad timing, IMHO.

Baltimore is another one of those very physical teams who's opposing players get carted off too-too bad we have to play them 2 weeks later.