Todays Targets

Silverz1972

Reaction score
Still think LB and DL particularly dt are our most pressing needs.

CB too but that was been picked almost clean.

rather pick up a better dl or lb at this point.

btcutter

Reaction score
Barmore?!
I’m concerned about rumors of him not taking coaching well and not a hard worker. Combine that with Pro $$$ spell disaster. I need a surer thing in the 2nd. And it’s not like we don’t have other glaring needs.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agree, but Tackle is not a bonus, its a necessity. Get me one of these guys and one from each those lists today.

Offensive Tackle
TEVEN JENKINS
SAMUEL COSMI
LIAM EICHENBERG
WALKER LITTLE
BRADY CHRISTENSEN
DILLON RADUNZ
JAMES HUDSON
D’ANTE SMITH
STONE FORSYTHE
SPENCER BROWN

Important thing is to get 3 starters out of the first 3 rounds, yes I know we have 5 picks, but if we come out of tonight with 3 legit starters especially on defense, We have done ourselves well. here's who I would target.

at #44, We must get one of these guys, once and for all solidify the FS position

Trevon Moehrig S TCU
Jevon Holland S Oregon
Richie Grant S UCF

3rd round we need to get at least 2 of these guys

Kelvin Joseph CB Kentucky
Elijah Molden CB Washington
Tyson Campbell CB Georgia
Ifeatu Melifonwu CB Syracuse

Marvin Wilson DT FSU (Pet Cat)
Milton Williams DT Louisiana Tech
Alim McNeill DT North Carolina St.
Daviyon Nixon DT Iowa

Bonus

Joseph Ossai DE Texas
Anthony Schwartz WR Auburn
James Hudson T Cincinnati
Trey Sermon RB OSU

Dalmations202

Reaction score
They really need a CB and FS now, and at least 2 DT and maybe even 3DT before the 4th round is over.
OT and DE are nice wants and definitely need developers, but you have your starters.

I think you might be able to upgrade at 3T, almost definitely can at 1T, FS depends on how Kazee recovers, and CB is a definite possibility of starting by mid season at least.
Other positions, now that LB is fixed, are pretty well set, IMO.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
At pick 44 honestly we should trade up to get Trevon Moehrig. That would be the best case scenario unless he falls but why chance it. I'm not seeing another FS or CB close to warrant pick 44. I would take Barmore at 44 as well. If both guys are gone i'd look at either Landon Dickerson or Teven Jenkins.

Kwyn

Reaction score

I think all four of those CBs go in the second round and if one lasts into the third, he’s likely gone before we pick at 75

If we want a quality CB, we likely need to take one at #44

quickccc

Reaction score
Important thing is to get 3 starters out of the first 3 rounds, yes I know we have 5 picks, but if we come out of tonight with 3 legit starters especially on defense, We have done ourselves well. here's who I would target.

at #44, We must get one of these guys, once and for all solidify the FS position

Trevon Moehrig S TCU
Jevon Holland S Oregon
Richie Grant S UCF

Marvin Wilson DT FSU (Pet Cat)
Milton Williams DT Louisiana Tech
Alim McNeill DT North Carolina St.
Daviyon Nixon DT Iowa

Bonus

Joseph Ossai DE Texas
Anthony Schwartz WR Auburn
James Hudson T Cincinnati
Trey Sermon RB OSU

Good List. :thumbup:
- I’m steadily hearing Molden is more of a safety than CB, he played mostly as slot than outside – he’ll need to be groomed into a safety at NFL level
- Schwartz the 4,27 speedster maybe more of a late round pick (5th ?), lack of route tree and average ball skills
, i'd would be intrigued about aSwartz or a returner/gadget WR late rounds (ala Darden-North Texas or Stevenson-Houston)
- can the other TCU safety Adarius Washington or Texas safety Caden be another safety option as 4th rd picks if we cannot get a top safety earlier ?
- DT Milton may be situational nickel 3 tech at 285 pounds
- I’m intrigues with McNeil but whom may go 2nd round, don’t think Cowboys gonna aim for 1 tech type that high.
- i'd like to go for an OT in at least with one of the two 4th rds Spencer Brown, Cincy, Walter Little, Stanford or Brendan Jaimes Neb. Ourlads' has J. Hudson as 6/7th rd.

DominantD

Reaction score
Cowboys pick 12 (#44). Looking at 4 different web sites, Samuel Jr, is considered either the 7, 8, 11, or 7th (again) best player remaining. Moehrig is screaming value now. Barmore is either a huge value now or projected later such as 44.

What would I do?
  • I would not trade up yet. It will hurt when I see Moehrig gone. Save the picks. One of those 3rds is going to get invested in a QB (IMO).
  • After 6 picks, if you love Samuel, Jr. (not "like"... "love"), then trade up when the cost is not too high.
  • If Barmore is on the board at 44, play that card. I don't want this to be another Taco vs. T.J. Watt discussion in a couple years where we pass Barmore because we weren't sure how he'd fit in our scheme.
  • My preference: Stay put at 44, see who falls. Yes, my approach can backfire.
Finally, early in round 2, start rooting for WRs to go off the board. There are still a few good ones who could push other guys down the board.

Last edited:

morasp

Reaction score
I'm starting to think Holland is the guy at safety MM said at the presser that turnover ratio is the number one thing they're looking at with defensive player and he had a lot, 9 in two seasons.