Todd Grantham

tunahelper

Reaction score
Hopefully he can bring some insights on how to play the Steelers, since he was DC with the Browns?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't buy into the fact that an ex player or coach can give that much information about a team that they haven't already seen on film. Not enough to make a big difference. Not with 2 talented teams. It always comes down to execution of the game plan.

tunahelper

Reaction score
jazzcat22;2460689 said:
I don't buy into the fact that an ex player or coach can give that much information about a team that they haven't already seen on film. Not enough to make a big difference. Not with 2 talented teams. It always comes down to execution of the game plan.

Why do players/coaches say division games are tougher because they are familar with your players and scheme?

Grantham never picked up some knowledge from the 6 or more times he coached against them?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
tunahelper;2460810 said:
Why do players/coaches say division games are tougher because they are familar with your players and scheme?

Grantham never picked up some knowledge from the 6 or more times he coached against them?

Very good point. Just like in our rivalry with the Commanders. It almost seems like the better team usually loses in that series. That is, in part, because of how familiar the teams are with one another.

The defenses know what to expect from the offenses and they have an easier time shutting it down.

Hopefully, Grantham knows enough to give us a little bit of an edge.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
peck-sicilyisland;2460675 said:
They also got rid of him for a reason.

They should have Grantham draw up a game-plan based on his knowledge of facing the Steelers so many times, diagramming the strengths and weaknesses of each player. They should then draw up another game-plan that does the exact opposite, because the Steelers have continually handed the Browns their collective rears each time.

khiladi

Reaction score
peck-sicilyisland;2460675 said:
They also got rid of him for a reason.

They got rid of him as a defensive coordinator... A coach can be better in one particular area, such as defensive line coach, then coaching the whole defense.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Joe Rod;2461093 said:
They should have Grantham draw up a game-plan based on his knowledge of facing the Steelers so many times, diagramming the strengths and weaknesses of each player. They should then draw up another game-plan that does the exact opposite, because the Steelers have continually handed the Browns their collective rears each time.

I think Wade understands defense and I am sure Grantham must have some ability to coach. The Browns also fired Little Bill, remember?

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
tunahelper;2461117 said:
I think Wade understands defense and I am sure Grantham must have some ability to coach. The Browns also fired Little Bill, remember?

It was said in jest! ;)