Todd Gurley: 'We're gonna whoop up' on Cowboys

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I know we are even 24 hours removed from this win vs Arz but since Girly wants to puff out his chest I thought I would give his words a stage. LOL

Fresh off a monstrous, 113-yard, three-touchdown performance against the 49ers, Rams running back Todd Gurley was feeling good.

Good enough to let NFL Network analyst Michael Irvin know on the set of Thursday Night Football that the Cowboys were in trouble next week when Los Angeles heads to AT&T Stadium in Dallas.

"Like I said, we're taking it game by game and just focusing on the future right now, man. Next week, we've got Dallas. We've got a little break. So we're gonna whoop up on your 'Boys," Gurley said, laughing, after the Rams' 41-39 victory.

I'm assuming that this will be viewed by many as an inconsistent star player puffing out his chest after wins over the Colts (0-2) and 49ers (0-3) to start the season, but I'm all for a little bit of peacocking right now. This team was trapped in a cycle of ineffective offensive coordinators during the Jeff Fisher era and, while the Sean McVay era will eventually hit its rocky patches, this Rams team deserves to enjoy themselves a little bit before the meatier portion of their schedule hits

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000849164/article/todd-gurley-were-gonna-whoop-up-on-cowboys

EGTuna

Reaction score
They might. They have 10 days rest, and Cowboys have a short week coming back from a road trip. Not to mention Dallas has played 3 extremely physical games and I think I saw that both Lewis and Lee tweaked their hamstrings.

I am not taking this Rams team lightly considering their front4, and more efficient offense under McVay.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
They might. They have 10 days rest, and Cowboys have a short week coming back from a road trip. Not to mention Dallas has played 3 extremely physical games and I think I saw that both Lewis and Lee tweaked their hamstrings.

I am not taking this Rams team lightly considering their front4, and more efficient offense under McVay.

I don't take any team lightly either. I think Cowboys back at home and a Rams defense who is not great vs the run could be what Zeke and the OL need to get things rolling.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
Regardless of what TG says, this team and others here should not take the Rams lightly. The biggest mistake anyone could make is underestimating an opponent.

The rams are a different team entirely without Jeff fisher.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I doubt the Cowboys are taking the Rams lightly.
But I think you're going to see this offense take it up a notch.
I think Dak is ready to play his game now. I think he understands he can't just stay in the pocket but has to move around and even run a little more, calculated runs.
I think it has also taken the offensive line a few games to find itself and gel with Collins being the new guy.
I think we're ready to roll.
Cowboys 34
Rams 20

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Dude the rams have been accumulating high picks year after year after year. Sometimes multiple picks per year.

It all comes down to the QB and he seems like he's putting it together in yr 2 under McVay.

This is a dangerous team because we don't really know what to expect when you have a load of talent under new direction playing with house money.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
No NFL team should be taken lightly. Just ask the Broncos. That being said, I think it's the Rams that might be a bit rusty, enabling Dallas to strike first and maybe second.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I doubt the Cowboys are taking the Rams lightly.
But I think you're going to see this offense take it up a notch.
I think Dak is ready to play his game now. I think he understands he can't just stay in the pocket but has to move around and even run a little more, calculated runs.
I think it has also taken the offensive line a few games to find itself and gel with Collins being the new guy.
I think we're ready to roll.
Cowboys 34
Rams 20

Better not take the Rams lightly. They've got a pretty good team this year. They could easily beat us.

I keep going back and forth, but I think the Rams might be a tougher game than the GB game. GB looks to me to be maybe the 3rd best team in the North right now, and the Rams whooped the Colts and have put up 40+ points twice in three games.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Gang tackle Gurley. He has already put the ball on the ground 4 times this season.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Better not take the Rams lightly. They've got a pretty good team this year. They could easily beat us.

I keep going back and forth, but I think the Rams might be a tougher game than the GB game. GB looks to me to be maybe the 3rd best team in the North right now, and the Rams whooped the Colts and have put up 40+ points twice in three games.
I don't disagree, but I'm not quite sold on Goff yet.

CowboysRule

Reaction score

Yeah, but they put up points against two of the worst teams in the league at the moment. Look what happened when they played the Commanders who aren't exactly the greatest either.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, but they put up points against two of the worst teams in the league at the moment. Look what happened when they played the Commanders who aren't exactly the greatest either.

That's what I'm trying to decide now. How much of that is the Sk*ns really getting better defensively, and how much is it just them being relatively better than the Colts and 49ers. Tough to tell, early in the season.

Remember the Rams game a few years back with Romo, where they jumped out and were clobbering us early, and then let us slowly back in to steal it? That's kind of what I'm worried about this week. Though, with it being at home that's less likely to happen, probably. Still, though, they might be a sneaky-good team.