Tolbert having a good camp

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Doesn't matter how hw looks in camp if he can't get on the field when it counts. I get all the "they look good", "he looks good", quotes in the pre-season, but it is just the pre-season. Give me a Nerf Football and I will be QB2 on this team in pre-season scrimmages!! :dance::dance:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak looking to throw the ball deep this year. The only thing he was missing last season.
Really cause Brandon cooks and Turpin could easily do that all day every day then you should blame Mike McCarthy not the lack of guys going deep are you forget Brandon cooks has a lot of speed and turpin's even faster... Let's not act like this in year two of Mike McCarthy's offense and he was the one making all the mistakes in the packages and the rotations both at running back and wide receiver last year he seemed to only wanna feed lamb the first six games of the season everything was slow and then when he realized the defense wasn't gonna be good then he starts to open it up it's still and I hate to bring this old quota but they left a lot of meat on the bone and had nothing to do with tobert's development or lack thereof...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hey , that was a Romo thing. Dak has no big example.
Amari cooper got a new deal here ie 22mil per... yup Cedrick Wilson left never was better and Gallup, also left now retired..hmm, all got more money. How about Dalton Schultz yes, a TE but got paid... none are worse for the wear with Dak..right memory , bad right. OR No luv for dak...

and Now CD better every year now had a career year setting records all time DC records, nothing to do with Dak? lol umm ok

best example ColeB slams dak on the ay out than asked to come back LOL But he did have career year here, got paid elsewhere...

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Amari cooper got a new deal here ie 22mil per... yup Cedrick Wilson left never was better and Gallup, also left now retired..hmm, all got more money. How about Dalton Schultz yes, a TE but got paid... none are worse for the wear with Dak..right memory , bad right. OR No luv for dak...

and Now CD better every year now had a career year setting records all time DC records, nothing to do with Dak? lol umm ok

best example ColeB slams dak on the ay out than asked to come back LOL But he did have career year here, got paid elsewhere...
What you say about Cedric is correct , but it was other way with Amari.you conveniently forgot that year with started with a cheap WR by committee ( Hurns etc.) but quickly realized Dak needed a WR1 and traded for Amari. Gallup was good before injury but completely different after return injury.

Precisely thats whywe need to get Lamb in camp so that both him and Dak can get on same page.

blueblood70

Reaction score
What you say about Cedric is correct , but it was other way with Amari.you conveniently forgot that year with started with a cheap WR by committee ( Hurns etc.) but quickly realized Dak needed a WR1 and traded for Amari. Gallup was good before injury but completely different after return injury.

Precisely thats whywe need to get Lamb in camp so that both him and Dak can get on same page.
No it wasn't immediately Dak and coop were on the same page, and then AC got a new deal, if Dak didn't help him then it would not have helped to bring amari in amari and Prescott were right on the same page immediately, I'm not wrong ,he got paid... It shows Prescott was not a bad quarterback it shows the wide receivers were the problem but I'm telling you he got his $22 million because Prescott was his quarterback.. Why you keep making the point for me you're making my point bro you said he was good before the injury who is his quarterback wow he was being good that's the whole point if Prescott was a bad quarterback these guys wouldn't have been good he was making sure these guys we're having career years so they can get paid he kept them on track it's same with lamb are you kidding me...

Please don't bring in the word precisely you're trying to tell me that after the last four years and after that record last year that they need camp they get on the same page seriously we just gotta treat this like an injury lamb will get here by game one and it won't take long for them to be on the same page this isn't a new guy this isn't cooks coming in last year this isn't a rookie they've been playing together for Four Seasons and the only reason lamb now thinks he's deserving of $35 million is because Prescott is his quarterback!!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Really cause Brandon cooks and Turpin could easily do that all day every day then you should blame Mike McCarthy not the lack of guys going deep are you forget Brandon cooks has a lot of speed and turpin's even faster... Let's not act like this in year two of Mike McCarthy's offense and he was the one making all the mistakes in the packages and the rotations both at running back and wide receiver last year he seemed to only wanna feed lamb the first six games of the season everything was slow and then when he realized the defense wasn't gonna be good then he starts to open it up it's still and I hate to bring this old quota but they left a lot of meat on the bone and had nothing to do with tobert's development or lack thereof...
I blame the lack of a running game. It took away are play action.

blueblood70

Reaction score
right part of it for sure some of it might be Mike McCarthy and trying to keep the team from mistakes you know limiting mistakes his offense is more about efficiency the top efficient unit in the league apparently moving the ball and getting into scoring position and I think that's more where his offense was or at least the part of it he showed so far literally get the ball down the field with the least amount of risk yeah the running part we all saw it it was worse than killing more he used the wrong guys in the wrong positions in my opinion Rico should have got a lot more snaps it basically should have been flipped Rico should have been doing what Tony was doing Tony should have been doing what Rico was doing they didn't use the full back enough I don't think they used Turpin enough etc.

blueblood70

Reaction score
OH by the way just to add to my other reply I just saw an interesting stat the Cowboys were ninth in the entire NFL last year and explosive pass plays... That's not bad imagine if we had even just a little bit improved running game this year with a little more focus yes with Brandon cooks another year here gallop is gone and I think Turpin getting more snaps I think this is gonna be a lot better than it was or at least I'm hoping anyway as a fan just call me a Homer but this offense was already good last year I mean it was the highest scoring offense in the league I I believe or at least close to it and now you see some other stats that they had explosive plays..

I think we need to be able to do it against better teams and better defenses and that's what was lacking without a run game it's kinda easy for them to play zone and take away there were efficient passing and just make you super one-dimensional..

baltcowboy

Reaction score
right part of it for sure some of it might be Mike McCarthy and trying to keep the team from mistakes you know limiting mistakes his offense is more about efficiency the top efficient unit in the league apparently moving the ball and getting into scoring position and I think that's more where his offense was or at least the part of it he showed so far literally get the ball down the field with the least amount of risk yeah the running part we all saw it it was worse than killing more he used the wrong guys in the wrong positions in my opinion Rico should have got a lot more snaps it basically should have been flipped Rico should have been doing what Tony was doing Tony should have been doing what Rico was doing they didn't use the full back enough I don't think they used Turpin enough etc.
Rico has to prove himself. He is often injured. The one issue I have with this offseason is they didn’t draft or trade for a young running back. I love that MM decided to put Beebe in as the starting center. It would have been easy to put Hoffman in at center.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Rico has to prove himself. He is often injured. The one issue I have with this offseason is they didn’t draft or trade for a young running back. I love that MM decided to put Beebe in as the starting center. It would have been easy to put Hoffman in at center.
I don't think anyone has to prove themselves I mean where are you you're sitting here behind a computer they see these guys in practice every day they will pick the best group and running back by committee can work it just has to be the right play calls and the right packages for the right player and last year Mike McCarthy did not do that he fell so hard on the concrete that you're blaming players and I don't see the players as the problem last year I see the rotation the choice of play calling using the wrong guys and yes the offensive line had two weak spots in it in the middle with the center was terrible and at the end Terrence steel was constantly pushed into the backfield and when that happens you got a guy like Tony Pollard trying to run before he gets a start up the middle or between the tackles it was a terrible rotation last year..

I've seen players be blamed for these things but I see that they all have something to offer,​
we have Royce and we have Nathaniel Peat, I think that Peat needs that chance like Bebees getting because if you give him enough carries behind the starting offensive line he reminds me of Tony Pollard, would it workout I don't know,​
but Mike McCarthy has a problem focusing on one player and deciding they're going to get most of the carries instead of letting the actual flow of the games and the way the seasons going and choose the starter for those games that it would make more sense.. The problem here is I think Mike McCarthy will try to force the ball to Ezekiel Elliott and Rico and just forget that we have guys like deuce Vaughn and if they choose Royce or Pete and not give them enough carries for them to get the flow of the game that's how running backs become good where we go from good to great is getting the chance behind the starters with game plans you got to forget guys because of the big man on campus thing like happens in college what happens in the pros as well and last year Tony Pollard got that and he shouldn't have IMHO​

Injury prone its major sports its the NFL lots of guys are banged up or hurt. it happens. What I'm really saying is I'm not worried about the run game because it's the easiest position in the NFL to create if you can get the offensive line the play calling and picking the right player to run you can have success more success than last year because last year they forced Tony Pollard into the starting role and had him on the field for the wrong plays many times.. Rico should've got those carries and should have flipped and Tony should have got the other ones they should have been more creative they could have used Turpin more in the past game and behind the line of scrimmage I'm putting all the blame mostly on Mike McCarthy because he's not only a head coach he's the OC...