News: Tom Brady to Replace Greg Olsen as Fox's No. 1 Game Analyst for 2024 NFL Season

1942willys

Reaction score
i liked olsen. at least he was prepared. romo sounds like he just crawled out of bed with no prep. It has been downhill for Romo since his first year. I am not a fan of seeing Bradys mug every Sunday on broadcasts.
Yawn. Go back to packer land and freeze

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree but he has high fb IQ and connects with the audience. Btw, the network must agree
Well, someone also thought Drew Brees would kill it. Jason Witten was apparently handed the MNF microphone without so much as an audition. Networks make mistakes. I just don’t understand why you give a guy a 10 year deal before he’s even worked a game.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
because he's Tom Brady...
And Jason Witten was Jason Witten. And Drew Brees was Drew Brees. The expertise is in playing the game. Commentating on it for 3 hours is an entirely different skill set. And I’m fine with giving him an opportunity. But that’s a crazy contract for a guy who’s never called a live game on air.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
And Jason Witten was Jason Witten. And Drew Brees was Drew Brees. The expertise is in playing the game. Commentating on it for 3 hours is an entirely different skill set. And I’m fine with giving him an opportunity. But that’s a crazy contract for a guy who’s never called a live game on air.
you aren't paying it so no skin off your nose

1942willys

Reaction score
It is interesting that many HOF players or those that will be in the HOF do not make good broadcasters, etc

So there is no guarantee that Brady will either. It would make me laugh if he did not and Fox is on the hook for so much money

FloridaRob

Reaction score
OK, how in the world did you ever stand it there? Or were you never in Wisconsin?
never was from there thank God. I grew up in SW La so Southern all the way. My dad and brothers were cowboys fans. I rebelled. Sorry. i became a full fledged fan during the Ice Bowl and subsequently reading Jerry Kramers book "Instant Replay". The 70s and 80s were trying times but that changed in the 90s. I have been to Lambeau 4 times and seen them play countless times in Florida. My grandson is now as big of a Packers fan as I ever was. I took him to Lambeau two years ago for his first trip. I can die now. My legacy is now complete.