News: Tom Brady to Replace Greg Olsen as Fox's No. 1 Game Analyst for 2024 NFL Season

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
i liked olsen. at least he was prepared. romo sounds like he just crawled out of bed with no prep. It has been downhill for Romo since his first year. I am not a fan of seeing Bradys mug every Sunday on broadcasts.

After they nipped his ability to call out plays before they happened is when it went downhill. Thats what made Romo so great, you got see the thought process and how he recognized what was happening. It was a different insight from what the fans were use to. But the whiny fans who claimed it ruined their viewing experience always ruin the good things for others who eat that technical stuff up. Hopefully he will find some happy medium for before it’s too late.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
You’ll probably dislike Brady even worse. He’s admitted he hates the Cowboys.

I couldn’t stand Greg’s voice it was not a pleasurable experience. I’m not a huge supporter of it being Brady, I’m just over Greg’s voice.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mods Even though it’s not technically “Cowboys” related I feel it is since they called the majority of our games last season.

Tom Brady will officially step into the broadcasting booth in 2024, but he will be replacing a fan-favorite.

Per Michael McCarthy of Front Office Sports, Brady confirmed he will join Fox as the network's lead NFL game analyst for the 2024 season. Former tight end Greg Olsen, who excelled in the role this season, will drop down to the No. 2 crew.

Brady will be working alongside Fox's No. 1 play-by-play announcer Kevin Burkhardt. The expectation is that Olsen will call games with Joe Davis.

https://syndication.bleacherreport....o-1-game-analyst-for-2024-nfl-season.amp.html
Definitely Cowboys related because the #1 Fox team get more Cowboys games than anybody.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Weird that anybody hates Olsen.

Do you also hate the color beige?

Generic is better than a Joe Buck in your face personality...

Can you read passed one reply?

Or was your goal to throw out some weird insult?

How about his voice was unpleasant and it became annoying. You act like I’m in favor of Brady. I don’t give a crap. I just got tired of his unpleasant voice. Weird how this triggered you.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I couldn’t stand Greg’s voice it was not a pleasurable experience. I’m not a huge supporter of it being Brady, I’m just over Greg’s voice.
Personally, I would rather listen to Olsen than hear Aikman’s annoying chuckle for 3 hours. Hearing Aikman constantly chuckle at every little thing is not a pleasurable experience.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Personally I would rather listen to Olsen than hear Aikman’s annoying chuckle for 3 hours.

Hey man to each their own. It’s not for everyone, and I happen to agree that Aikman can get annoying, but I’d much prefer him to Greg.

Honestly I thought Moose was a great middle ground and I always enjoyed listening to him. I miss the Moose, Goose (RIP) and Kenny Albert crew they were great.

Motorola

Reaction score
I feel like Burkhardt and Olsen worked for the Cowboys they did so many of our games last year. It will be interesting to hear Tom. Hope we like it because he will know our team inside and out!
Brady will know EVERY NFL TEAM - 'inside and out!' - because FOX Sports will provide him with a behind-the-scenes staff that will do
detailed research on every game he and Kevin Burkhardt.

Motorola

Reaction score
I liked Olsen, he's a good commentator. I'm not sure if Brady will make a good one
As great of a career Joe Montana was on the field - he was terrible on TV analyzing \ providing commentary on NFL games; I think the sports networks i.e. NBC hired him regardless of how his personality wasn't a match for that position...and whether he put in the effort to do well.
However - Brady immersed himself in the entertainment environment while he was still playing - acting lessons, roles in film and TV outside of football that weren't just commercials.

Last edited:

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Yipee!!!! I hated Greg Olsen calling Dallas games..... Maybe he was the bad luck charm :laugh:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Per Michael McCarthy of Front Office Sports, Brady confirmed he will join Fox as the network's lead NFL game analyst for the 2024 season. Former tight end Greg Olsen, who excelled in the role this season, will drop down to the No. 2 crew.
We've known this for a year. Not sure why it is suddenly news.