Tom Herman out at UT

Hardline

Reaction score
Horns have new head coach. Look it up yourselves. I'm in the boat fishing.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see what Sarkisian does as far as staff and how many SEC transfers he gets.
Starting over at QB is very good for UT imho.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Urban Meyer please
Or bring back Mack Brown.
Meyer already said no and Mack Brown wouldn't give them the time of day. That is not a good job as long as they allow boosters like Red McCombs to think they run the football program. He trashed Charlie Strong right after he was hired because he didn't like him and you can guess why.

Meyer isn't going anywhere that he has to deal with that nonsense. And the first time Sarkisian pisses off one of the power boosters, he'll wish he'd stayed at Bama where they not only leave the coaching staff alone but give Saban whatever he wants. You ever see the coaching staff up in the booths? Congress has two fewer people.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I just don’t see anything in Sarkisian’s resume that makes me think this is an upgrade.
Sark is a far better offensive coach than anyone Herman has had around the program and certainly he is himself.
The list of Sark QBs is tremendous.

Herman was a weird experience at UT coming in as this players coach type who quickly angered players and battled parents.
I honestly think TH would have been a solid coach had he found a better QB. Sam was just good enough to raise expectations and not good enough to meet them.

UT simply has to eventually live up to the recruiting classes.
Sark adding half the Bama coaching staff certainly won't hurt in development or recruiting.

After being a laughingstock for a few days UT rebounded quite well with Sark who wouldn't even entertain jobs at Oregon or Auburn.