Tom Marino's Crystal Ball - 2008 Mock Draft

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
By Tom Marino
Scout.com
Posted May 1, 2007

From the "It's Never Too Early" Department, Scout.com's Tom Marino gazes into his crystal ball to give you a look at what could be post-draft day in 2008. Who goes No. 1? What might have been in Cleveland? Who's coming out early? Find out more in Tom Marino's 2008 Mock Draft.

1. Dallas Cowboys from Cleveland
Darren McFadden, RB, JR
Arkansas
New old coach in Cleveland Marty Schottenheimer thought Heisman winner McFadden, could be the second coming of LT after 2006 Free Agent signee Jamal Lewis was found to have little left in tank. Instead, it's the Dallas Cowboys that have a new man chasing down Emmitt's records.

31. Dallas Cowboys
Limas Sweed WR
Texas
NFC Champs hope "Red Zone Wizard" Sneed can provide inside help and offset the loss of suspended and now departed malcontent T.O.

32. New England Patriots
Tommy Zbikowski S
Notre Dame
Four-time Super Bowl winners hope Tommy Z can help address team's only major position concern.

T-New41

Shut 'em Down
Reaction score
That would be a good draft, despite the in trade up w/ New England to get Sweed. :)

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
T-New41;1484645 said:
That would be a good draft, despite the in trade up w/ New England to get Sweed. :)

I was gonna ask the same thing...

#31?!?!?

Should be 32..

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
smarta5150;1484650 said:
I was gonna ask the same thing...

#31?!?!?

Should be 32..

I watched that youtube vid of Super Mario, and that 1st clip of him, he looks very Terry Glenn-esque w/ that ability to burst and close in on the football, very few receivers have that ability

Mario Manningham and James Davis in the 1st next year would be pretty sweet

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1484653 said:
I watched that youtube vid of Super Mario, and that 1st clip of him, he looks very Terry Glenn-esque w/ that ability to burst and close in on the football, very few receivers have that ability

I knew I liked you for some reason.

Very few, actually, no one I think, has agreed with me.

neosapien23

Reaction score
Sweed will go much higher than 31. Isn't he the highest rated reciever coming out in the next draft? I was thinking he could be a top ten or fifteen pick. No big deal because as this year as demonstrated, trading up does not cost as much. Dallas could easily take McFadden with the top pick and then trade their 1st, 2nd and 3rd or 4th pick to go higher in order to take Sweed.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
neosapien23;1484661 said:
Sweed will go much higher than 31. Isn't he the highest rated reciever coming out in the next draft? I was thinking he could be a top ten or fifteen pick. No big deal because as this year as demonstrated, trading up does not cost as much. Dallas could easily take McFadden with the top pick and then trade their 1st, 2nd and 3rd or 4th pick to go higher in order to take Sweed.

Sweed is gonna run a 40 like Jarret.

T-New41

Shut 'em Down
Reaction score
I like Manningham, wouldn't mind him at all. Just not over McFadden. I think Sweed will run better than Jarrett. If Sweed really dedicates himself this year, he could be really good.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
T-New41;1484692 said:
I like Manningham, wouldn't mind him at all. Just not over McFadden. I think Sweed will run better than Jarrett. If Sweed really dedicates himself this year, he could be really good.

Thats where I think people are misunderstanding me.

I don't necessarily want Manningham OVER McFadden.

I am just hoping JJ gives us 1500 reasons to resign him.

Wishful thinking maybe, but hey, you never know.

I really think a #1 WR might be more of a need, thats all.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
smarta5150;1484694 said:
Thats where I think people are misunderstanding me.

I don't necessarily want Manningham OVER McFadden.

I am just hoping JJ gives us 1500 reasons to resign him.

Wishful thinking maybe, but hey, you never know.

I really think a #1 WR might be more of a need, thats all.

if JJ doesn't pan out, both might be equal needs

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1484653 said:

I forgot you were from the great state of SC, so I see you know all about James Davis and his homeboy CJ Spiller.....

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
smarta5150;1484702 said:
If thats the case McFadden it is.

even if JJ is average, I'd take McFadden, JJ would have to have a really good season for the COwboys to not look at drafting McFadden

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
dogunwo;1484703 said:
I forgot you were from the great state of SC, so I see you know all about James Davis and his homeboy CJ Spiller.....

I know some things, I'm not real big on watching college ball

mostly because I'm too hung over from the night before, or I'm working :) but I know a little about them, I know they're good for at least 5 yards a carry