Tom Seaver, Mets' star who won 3 Cy Young awards and 311 games, dead at 75

FloridaRob

Reaction score
my two childhood heros are now gone. Bart Starr died last year with Dementia and Tom Seaver dies with the same disease. Those two guys were greatness on and off the field. I saw him pitch multiple times live in Houston back in the 70s before M Donald Grant sent him away. I saw his last game he pitched for the Mets before the famous trade. He was great. one run allowed and pitched against Floyd Bannister. When I played baseball, i had to pitch like Tom Seaver. Dragged my right knee in the dirt. Of all the great pitchers the Mets have had, Tom was still the best.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Tom Seaver, over 4700 innings pitched and he had a career ERA of 2.86. That aint bad folks. Seaver was a class dude, a real Pro. He was on an electric Mets Pitching Staff at the start of his career and was the ace on a Reds team in the early to mid 70s that might have been the greatest position for position team in the history of MLB, but no pitching other then Tom, LOL...........

Man, these are the ones where you can kinda feel a little part of your childhood die. I hate to hear this man........

RIP - George Thomas Seaver - (November 17, 1944 – August 31, 2020)

Big_D

Reaction score
Spent many days at Shea watching Tom Seaver. My aunt had a friend who gave her tickets all the time. 1st row right at first base. Amazing seats, amazing memories. Truly sad. May he rest in peace.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Mets blew it.
Could have, should have done his tribute last year.

RIP Mr. Seaver