Twitter: Tony Dungy on Cowboys performance

stiletto

Reaction score
Exactly what I've thought. The team was garbage Sunday and was evident from the opening possession when we let the 9ers take a stroll down to the goal like it was a walk in the park. Probably the most disappointed I've been in YEARS and frankly it was the Defense that failed to set the tone and the offense crumbled like a .02 Wal-mart tent right after.. I expected more. They were all trash from the start. Blame whatever player that will make you feel "smart" but I think they all sucked!!

Shane612

Reaction score
Yup. Cows have problems.
They don't know how to play in big games that matters the most. Four PO wins in 26 years.
No one to lead the way.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Not surprising Dungy has to get his 2 cents in.
Used to be a Stealer and never picks the Cowboys to win.
I've never liked him.

fivetwos

Reaction score
They are getting BASHED nationally.

What has the local media said??

Probably not much right?

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
dennis-green-theyare-whoe-we-thought-they-were.gif

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Could be they just played a better team.

It appears they did.

Meanwhile, the self-appointed architect of the Cowboys was talking Super Bowl before the game and reiterated he still thinks he's got a SB roster.

As long as the personnel decision maker is that clueless to the flaws of his team...good luck. It's not like he's getting fired.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Could be they just played a better team.
That may be part of it, but when you are clearly the superior team, as we are in our division and a few other games, your stars in the passing game can win it for you, especially when fortunate with turnovers. But when you play a team that’s better than you, or even just competitive with you, more physical, don’t believe that you will run the ball, do believe that you’ll bail them out with penalties when challenged, then it becomes very difficult for a QB and receivers to simply win the game. The rest on the offense and the defense need to do their jobs too. And the coaches have to be committed to a game plan of being balanced.

Dak is not a running QB, but he led our team in rushing vs the Cardinals with 20 yards. Just a couple weeks before the Rams totally thrashed the Cardinals running the ball, allowing Stafford to only drop back to pass only 17 times. Dak played poorly, but he also threw a few great passes into tight windows. No excuses, he played poorly, but dropping back to pass 43 times and sacked 5 while handing to your RBs only 16 times does make it a little harder to play well against a good team.