Tony Dungy on pregame, “blessing in disguise”

Status
Not open for further replies.

ondaedg

Reaction score
No but everyone thought we wouldn’t contend if we paid Dak. Now we aren’t going to contend without Dak.

I’m sick as heck that we have lost Dak for the season and Dalton is no Dak but I seen Nick Foles win a super bowl so anything is possible.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
What I do not want to see is Dallas going back to running the ball on 1st down all the time. If defense knows you will run the ball on 1st down then we go back to dealing with defense stacking and putting us in bad down and distance situations. I like the fact that thus far the offense will use a lot of play action on 1st, we will still run on 1st but no longer a certainty. Yesterday the game did not get out or reach and Dallas was able to continue to run but that has a lot to do with defense

Cmac

Reaction score
Says losing Dak could bring this offense back to it’s real identity..he might be right, we paid Zeke the big bucks to pound the rock..
Did Tony Dungy factor in that KMoore is the OC?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
This is the problem I see. I don't think this line is built right now with the bandaid job to be a line that can move guys out of the way. I don't see great mobility in the line, and certainly not the strength needed to be a 35-40 pound the rock type of offence.
Both of our lines are not ready to beat any teams that are contending.

That's just obvious given the injuries.

If everybody whom we have lost came back..

then higher expectations would apply.

But our OL tackles are gone. The backups are now starters and rookies primarily plus the center now is a rookie.

Dalton is going to have to shake some rust and loosen his legs and arm and get ready to lead.

I have liked the signing from the moment it was announced. It's a gift for him to get this opportunity.

We all have to help him succeed.

It's funny..I have been saying recently that the problem with the team is accountability of the players to go out and win together.

But what has happened with Dak's injury maybe what is needed to wake the team up.

I am hearing words like "we want to win for Dak" coming from players. This is all nice and fitting but it remains to be seen if that really works.

I think we will go back to being the frail team that gives up huge leads as before. Dak will not be around to bail them out.

Hoping I'm wrong.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The "blessing in disguise" came off wrong but I think it was just semantics in using that phrase. I know what he meant as this team had become what thise Romo teams were, too reliant on the QB making plays to dig their way out.

Now, we could see it either way, the team picks up the slack or they do the same thing they did when Romo was out and they had Cassel and Weeden.

Status
Not open for further replies.