Tony is a good QB

sportsman

Reaction score
Guys I was watching Tony's game films lately. The guy is really good. I mean really..really good. Some fans are just frustrated with this team in general. I tend to put more blame on sideline coaching or lack there of. Why in the world is Wade Wilson getting paid. It would be nice if Tony had a sideline mentor to help him. Wilson & Garrett should be getting more blame for what has happen to Tony.

Dallas fans need to realize we have good QB who is on the rise. The $70 million contract has put more pressure on the situation.

sportsman

Reaction score
These are in the minority compared to the post saying he is a bad QB post.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Actually there are very few posters who don't think Romo is a good QB. There are more, however, who think he's a choke artist. There's a difference.

I'm as pissed as anyone about last week's game. I'm not, however, of the opinion that he's not a good QB. With that being said, the "choke artist" moniker has yet to be dispelled.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
sportsman;2968502 said:
These are in the minority compared to the post saying he is a bad QB post.

Tony is a good QB yes.

But the only way you can be upset with Garrett is if you're upset he didn't take the game completely out of Tony's hands by just calling runs.

We lost the game because of Romo's bad decision making.

You can't expect your Pro Bowl/Veteran QB to make silly mistakes like that.

I just want to see how Tony bounces back this week and find out if he is going to throw into coverages without looking first.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
CATCH17;2968507 said:
Tony is a good QB yes.

But the only way you can be upset with Garrett is if you're upset he didn't take the game completely out of Tony's hands by just calling runs.

We lost the game because of Romo's bad decision making.

You can't expect your Pro Bowl/Veteran QB to make silly mistakes like that.

I just want to see how Tony bounces back this week and find out if he is going to throw into coverages without looking first.

Actually, you know what I really want to see? I want to see Tony Romo be Tony Romo again. I think the whole "emulate Tom Brady" thing really hurt Romo more than helped him. Romo is a threat when he's on the move. He has the ability to pick up 1st downs with his feet. He's been focused on ball security in the pocket, and that's awesome. But he can still use the "protect the ball" (most importantly: don't carry the ball like a loaf of bread) mentality and do what he does best, and that's be a playmaker. That's the REAL Tony Romo. That's the EFFECTIVE Tony Romo.

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
sportsman;2968493 said:
Guys I was watching Tony's game films lately. The guy is really good. I mean really..really good. Some fans are just frustrated with this team in general. I tend to put more blame on sideline coaching or lack there of. Why in the world is Wade Wilson getting paid. It would be nice if Tony had a sideline mentor to help him. Wilson & Garrett should be getting more blame for what has happen to Tony.

Dallas fans need to realize we have good QB who is on the rise. The $70 million contract has put more pressure on the situation.

Hi Tony!! :popcorn:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
skinsscalper;2968516 said:
Actually, you know what I really want to see? I want to see Tony Romo be Tony Romo again. I think the whole "emulate Tom Brady" thing really hurt Romo more than helped him. Romo is a threat when he's on the move. He has the ability to pick up 1st downs with his feet. He's been focused on ball security in the pocket, and that's awesome. But he can still use the "protect the ball" (most importantly: don't carry the ball like a loaf of bread) mentality and do what he does best, and that's be a playmaker. That's the REAL Tony Romo. That's the EFFECTIVE Tony Romo.

I think he did all of those things that you are talking about.

He just didn't make the big huge downfield play by doing it.

But for instance right before halftime he moves around in the pocket, dumps it off to Barber, and gets Nick Folk into field goal range.

Where Romo went wrong was when he would read the defense and when his first couple of reads weren't there he threw into an area he just didn't quite look at very well before he threw.

He panicked when he got into his last progression on those 2 interceptions and just threw it because he knew there would be a guy there.