Video: Tony Pollard: "I'm in the Best Shape I've Been In"

MikeB80

Reaction score
oof.

we've reached "Best shape I've been in" status with pollard already? thats usually like 6 to 8 years in.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’d like to see Pollard compete with Gallup and the TEs for targets. I think he could be a weapon. I just don’t see him getting many carries but if he can motion out and catch 5 passes a game, spell Zeke 5 running plays, and return punts....that’s all we were hoping from Felix when he came out of college.
If all 5 skill position starters rest 10% of snaps, that leaves 50% for Pollard...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
To me two TE sets are fine if you need one yard
But it makes 4-5 yard runs harder because it bunches up the defense
Spread them out and run in the wholes it creates just seems more logical to me

Depends on a lot of things including the back. We haven't had good TE's in a while for the Jumbo. And with a back like Zeke, you pretty much eliminate most big plays.

conner01

Reaction score
Depends on a lot of things including the back. We haven't had good TE's in a while for the Jumbo. And with a back like Zeke, you pretty much eliminate most big plays.
It’s not about 20 yard runs
It’s about 5-6 yards consistently
And getting a15-20 sometimes
That keeps the chains moving and forces teams to play the run which opens up the passing game
But I think spreading teams out forces more single coverage which helps big runs some and really helps the QB when he runs

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Our most underrated player.

I love Zeke and am glad we have him. But I would’ve been just as happy to trade Zeke, pay a cornerback or defensive tackle Zeke’s salary, and start Pollard.

Definitely not corner for me. You saw what Byron Jones just got paid in Miami, he did effect the game like Zeke did in his Cowboys tenure. DT, maybe. I don't think Pollard is an every down back. I think he's super explosive when used as a rotation back. He's exceptional for a backup but we would have to revamp the depth at that position.

blueblood70

Reaction score
too skinny and brittle dude needs to bulk up :())

legs look like twigs compared to Zeke:rolleyes::muttley:

blueblood70

Reaction score
meat on the bone , ok Randall...you do that..it will benefit the DC if you turn out to be *** great as the hype we see in here...:)

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
meat on the bone , ok Randall...you do that..it will benefit the DC if you turn out to be *** great as the hype we see in here...:)
Maybe if.Zeke were as great as the hype in here, people wouldn’t want to see more of Pollard.