Tony Pollard on Mcaffee show

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pollard did not have the season he anticipated. I'm pretty sure he envisioned a dominant performance that was a primary factor in the Cowboys going deep into the playoffs as he signed his multi million guaranteed contract.

Instead, he plodded along during the entire season and when they needed him the most, his lack of productivity affected every other aspect and squad on the team.

In 2023, 40.9% of his runs were for 2 yards or less compared to 33.3% the previous seasons combined.

The Cowboys are 48-17 whenever Dak throws less than 34 times in a game. They are 25-25 when he throws 35 or more passes in a game. He threw 60 in the wildcard playoff game.

Pollards numbers were not bad in the playoff game, they just didn't matter. After the half, I doubt the Packers even paid attention to the running game.

My point is, I'm sure that, after such a disappointing season for both him and the Cowboys, it's only natural that he would seek refuge from the cruel and unforgiving social media, even for a brief amount of time. He has to deal with the fact that he was unsuccessful being Zeke's replacement, that he doesn't have a contract, that he may not have a team in the very near future.
Me, I'm not gonna blame all that on just Tony. Our run blocking has sucked since Frederick left.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I blame Jerry, I can't say anything about most of the players.

The kid runs hard, and can't carry the offense, I'm glad he doesn't want 60 million. :D

plasticman

Reaction score
Me, I'm not gonna blame all that on just Tony. Our run blocking has sucked since Frederick left.
I don't blame Tony. How could I? I honestly believe he gave it his best shot. After all, he had multi-millions at stake.

I put 95% of the blame on Cowboys management. They never added a 2nd RB capable of adequately complementing Pollard so that they could continue running the ball when needed.

They also failed to address the depth and the criticall importance of backing up the starters, especially given the age and health history of the veterans.

SHAMSzy

Reaction score
It's strange that a starter from last season didn't hear from anyone that one of the main coaches left for a primary rival. Pollard has been here for 4 years, 3 of which Q was with the team. It seems strange that he doesn't have any contacts that would think to mention it to him. It suggests that either there is a communication issue within the program, or Pollard has no situational awareness.
It seems like TP is just disconnected from technology and introverted/off the grid. Don't think it means anything for the team's communication nor his situational awareness. It means he is an off the grid low key dude. Its the offseason and he isn't under contract with the Cowboys. If you want to talk about his lack of ability to finish runs through contact then I am here for that all day long.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't blame Tony. How could I? I honestly believe he gave it his best shot. After all, he had multi-millions at stake.

I put 95% of the blame on Cowboys management. They never added a 2nd RB capable of adequately complementing Pollard so that they could continue running the ball when needed.

They also failed to address the depth and the criticall importance of backing up the starters, especially given the age and health history of the veterans.
Coaches and MANAGEMENT! have an abysmal record of managing players and injuries. I could go all the way back to Bill making Romo hold. DUMB! Playing injured players (Romo, Zeke). Out of position defenses. Forcing Tony P. to play a different game instead of using his strengths.

Shameful.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It seems like TP is just disconnected from technology and introverted/off the grid. Don't think it means anything for the team's communication nor his situational awareness. It means he is an off the grid low key dude. Its the offseason and he isn't under contract with the Cowboys. If you want to talk about his lack of ability to finish runs through contact then I am here for that all day long.
That's fair!