Tony Pollard on Mcaffee show

plasticman

Reaction score
Pollard did not have the season he anticipated. I'm pretty sure he envisioned a dominant performance that was a primary factor in the Cowboys going deep into the playoffs as he signed his multi million guaranteed contract.

Instead, he plodded along during the entire season and when they needed him the most, his lack of productivity affected every other aspect and squad on the team.

In 2023, 40.9% of his runs were for 2 yards or less compared to 33.3% the previous seasons combined.

The Cowboys are 48-17 whenever Dak throws less than 34 times in a game. They are 25-25 when he throws 35 or more passes in a game. He threw 60 in the wildcard playoff game.

Pollards numbers were not bad in the playoff game, they just didn't matter. After the half, I doubt the Packers even paid attention to the running game.

My point is, I'm sure that, after such a disappointing season for both him and the Cowboys, it's only natural that he would seek refuge from the cruel and unforgiving social media, even for a brief amount of time. He has to deal with the fact that he was unsuccessful being Zeke's replacement, that he doesn't have a contract, that he may not have a team in the very near future.

coult44

Reaction score
Pollard admits on air he just found out Dan Quinn is head coach in Washington. Said hes not on social media so he had no idea. What in the world is going on with the nucleus of this team???
I promise you there aren’t many people here who could disconnect like that. . Most would lose their marbles. Addiction to social media and the internet is real and some of you should take lessons from Tony!!!

rambo2

Reaction score
Pollard did not have the season he anticipated. I'm pretty sure he envisioned a dominant performance that was a primary factor in the Cowboys going deep into the playoffs as he signed his multi million guaranteed contract.

Instead, he plodded along during the entire season and when they needed him the most, his lack of productivity affected every other aspect and squad on the team.

In 2023, 40.9% of his runs were for 2 yards or less compared to 33.3% the previous seasons combined.

The Cowboys are 48-17 whenever Dak throws less than 34 times in a game. They are 25-25 when he throws 35 or more passes in a game. He threw 60 in the wildcard playoff game.

Pollards numbers were not bad in the playoff game, they just didn't matter. After the half, I doubt the Packers even paid attention to the running game.

My point is, I'm sure that, after such a disappointing season for both him and the Cowboys, it's only natural that he would seek refuge from the cruel and unforgiving social media, even for a brief amount of time. He has to deal with the fact that he was unsuccessful being Zeke's replacement, that he doesn't have a contract, that he may not have a team in the very near future.
The center had a lot to do with it.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Who cares? That’s good that he isn’t on social media. You guys complain about Micah being all in the media but will also complain about this? Make it make sense … every human lives differently, non-issue & better to not be connected to social media.

Also, he isn’t even currently on contract with this team, he has no obligation to the Cowboys today.
It's strange that a starter from last season didn't hear from anyone that one of the main coaches left for a primary rival. Pollard has been here for 4 years, 3 of which Q was with the team. It seems strange that he doesn't have any contacts that would think to mention it to him. It suggests that either there is a communication issue within the program, or Pollard has no situational awareness.

rambo2

Reaction score
It's strange that a starter from last season didn't hear from anyone that one of the main coaches left for a primary rival. Pollard has been here for 4 years, 3 of which Q was with the team. It seems strange that he doesn't have any contacts that would think to mention it to him. It suggests that either there is a communication issue within the program, or Pollard has no situational awareness.
It is strange that another starter runs his mouth on social media nonstop.

plasticman

Reaction score
I don't see how you can blame a single O-lineman for a decrease of over a yard per carry from the previous two seasons, particularly since that same center was there for those two seasons.

I would give some of the reason to his injury which I believe still bothered him this season.

However, I would give the main reason to the fact that he was a one-man show at RB and he isn't built to sustain such a role in the NF.

I suppose the logic applied had to do with the drafting of Vaughn. Since it is obvious that Stephen Jones is the biological son of a successful football genius then Deuce should be able to make up for a lack of size, power and strength with strategical reasoning. donated by hsi fathers chromosomes.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who cares? That’s good that he isn’t on social media. You guys complain about Micah being all in the media but will also complain about this? Make it make sense … every human lives differently, non-issue & better to not be connected to social media.

Also, he isn’t even currently on contract with this team, he has no obligation to the Cowboys today.
Why do you think "YOU PEOPLE" ....the ones that complain about being on social media and the ones that complain about disconnected...are the same people?

We are all different people with different opinions.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
The funny part about this....the team knows/knew this.

Pro sports really takes advantage of uneducated fans...which most people are. The center did not JUST become a problem..he's been a problem...they were just hoping he would not be THE problem that costs you a game when it counts the most. Here is the PROBLEM with that kind of thinking...you cannot "smoke and mirror" yourself to 4 straight wins in the postseason. You will beat a bunch of teams in the regular season, because there are a lot of bad teams, the opposition has key injuries at the time you were playing them etc..But the hype, attention, preparation, film study etc..for postseason is in plain view. You cannot run or hide. And the problems this team had whether its coaching, penalty problems, lack of running gene, inability to stop the run, QB not being elite...were going to get exposed at some point. THe fact that they did in the FIRST ROUND IN OUR OWN HOUSE should tell you where this program REALLY is.

I cannot stress what I am about to say enough. Fans that are interesting in winning or are looking for answers on why we didn't or don't compete for SBs need only to pay attention to games we played against good teams. What happened against the 49ers during the regular season was not a fluke. What happened against the Packers this season was not a fluke. The close call against Detroit was not a fluke. The owner may get in front of a mic and trick fans into thinking we are close, but God help us if he and/or the real football people in that building were SHOCKED at the "problem" areas on this team.

Having said that...all of you who think Jerry is not large and in charge in Dallas are just fooling yourselves. We have been beaten by the 49ers 3 straight times. Each time worse than the previous beating...and we have not done ANYTHING to address why they beat us so handily. I think this braintrust seriously just crosses its fingers and HOPE we don't have to see them in the postseason. What kind of FOOTBALL sense does that make? It doesn't. And I hate to sound like a broken record, but when things don't make FOOTBALL sense, you know where the ideas originate from.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
How are you so vital on a team and yet have no clue what’s happening to the coaching staff?