Tony Pollard's market value per Spotrac

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Pollard is what you should do with 99% of all running backs. Make them play out their rookie contracts and move on.

fivetwos

Reaction score
My goodness, this is low. Before anyone say it we can sign him now. No way in hell his agents will let sign for these numbers before testing the market. Even so, we need to know, can TP be the No 1 back?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/tony-pollard-29176/market-value/

• Calculated Market Value
    $3.9MAVG. ANNUAL SALARY
    Market Value
    • 3 yrs, $11,700,444
    • Avg. Salary: $3,900,148
    • NFL Rank: 446
    • RB Rank: 19
    Current Contract
    • Free Agent: 2023
    • Avg. Salary: $796,945
    • NFL Rank: 1,682
    • RB Rank: 121
If it was up to me I'd never give out a second contract to a RB again.

Can't be a full time back and is iffy to be trusted in pass blocking.

3 million and change sounds right to me, and since they won't leave themselves need two backs headed into next draft, he will probably be here.

I wanted to draft one this year and next to avoid that, and they mentioned they looked at that but it didn't work out.

Similar to when Coopers contract pretty much reverted to two years when we drafted Lamb, Pollard basically got a second deal once we didn't get one in this past draft.

I like Malik Davis but I'd say he is third down back type like Dunbar.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Here's Zeke's contract........notice his 2022 salary is only $10M and his dead cap drops to only $6M after the 2023 season. My point is IF Zeke comes close to regaining his form AND gains 1200-1500 all-purpose yards, I'm not sure he's NOT released. In other words, we may wanna pump the brakes on this is Zeke's last year talk.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/ezekiel-elliott-18952/
Even if that does happen they need to cut ties and get some fresh legs in here.

If he puts up league MVP type numbers we can call it even over the whole deal and move on, as he has underformed it since he got it.

He may give one last nice effort but that isn't taking any miles off that body, and paying him for the past has been a problem.

There should always be two guys on rookie deals manning the backfield. Spend money elsewhere.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
You guys saying he can't be our full time running back or a bell cow, reminds me of the front office saying Conner Williams couldn't play tackle. Just making a decision on a player without giving that player a chance. Do y'all really think Pollard would be the only RB on the team if we made him a starter? If he's not going to be the only RB on the team, then what's wrong with making him a starter or trying to see if he could be our bell cow?

Loso86

Reaction score
My goodness, this is low. Before anyone say it we can sign him now. No way in hell his agents will let sign for these numbers before testing the market. Even so, we need to know, can TP be the No 1 back?

$3.9MAVG. ANNUAL SALARY
    Market Value
    • 3 yrs, $11,700,444
    Current Contract
How much do you expect him to make off of potential??

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pollard is what you should do with 99% of all running backs. Make them play out their rookie contracts and move on.
True unless the RB MADE the QB. Dak does not play here without Zeke. VERY few RB's can say that about their QB. That's why you pay him and play him even when he is hurt.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You guys saying he can't be our full time running back or a bell cow, reminds me of the front office saying Conner Williams couldn't play tackle. Just making a decision on a player without giving that player a chance. Do y'all really think Pollard would be the only RB on the team if we made him a starter? If he's not going to be the only RB on the team, then what's wrong with making him a starter or trying to see if he could be our bell cow?
What team did Tony Pollard start as the #1 running back? Ever.

Flamma

Reaction score
Here's Zeke's contract........notice his 2022 salary is only $10M and his dead cap drops to only $6M after the 2023 season. My point is IF Zeke comes close to regaining his form AND gains 1200-1500 all-purpose yards, I'm not sure he's NOT released. In other words, we may wanna pump the brakes on this is Zeke's last year talk.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/ezekiel-elliott-18952/

Zeke's cap hit for this upcoming season, 2022, is 18.2M. His cap hit for next year, 2023, will be 16.7M. He'll have to have 1500 yards rushing alone for them to keep him another year.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Pollard is a backup always has been that is why his value is low

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Not having important information like what happens this season, I’d predict that Pollard will not be back unless it is very cheap and Zeke will take a bit of a pay cut to stay given the structure of his contract. I say this because it would be tough to let both walk/cut them and start over with 2 rookies.

Zeke is the better back and might actually be better value considering his current deal over what Pollard may want to get for his next contract.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

$3.9MAVG. ANNUAL SALARY
    Market Value
    • 3 yrs, $11,700,444
    Current Contract
He's not a full time RB....he can't block, can't handle more that 25 snaps a game.....I say 3.5 is about right. The haters think he's the second coming of Emmitt.....LOL

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reading is not fundamental, comprehension is.

Micheal Jordan never won a NBA championship, until he did. Saying someone can't do something, because they've never done it is ludicrous.
LOL...dude. Nice try at pretending to be super smart., BUT..you fail!

It was a simple question and instead of just answering a simple question you created a straw man. Like saying you don't take your next breath. Until you do? You are never a President of the United Sates of America until..you are?

Oh wow dude...never thought of THAT before. Gatdam Nostradamus you are.

Welll...I ain't ne'er started as rb on a football team before either....why can't I NOW? FOR The Dallas Cowboys! YEEHAAWW MFER!

Good lord...people....this right here's why I hate 'em!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not having important information like what happens this season, I’d predict that Pollard will not be back unless it is very cheap and Zeke will take a bit of a pay cut to stay given the structure of his contract. I say this because it would be tough to let both walk/cut them and start over with 2 rookies.

Zeke is the better back and might actually be better value considering his current deal over what Pollard may want to get for his next contract.
And Dak does not exist without Zeke.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We could very well be looking for a couple of new RBs in 2023.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
poor tony lol, he got drafted by the wrong team, Dallas has wasted his first 3 years as a nfl rb.
I hope he turns them down and gets a good deal with another team.
His market value is only low because he played for cowboys, who keep him on the bench most of the time.