Video: Tony Pollard's rookie season

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing what Tony can do next season, hopefully he can have a second-year jump like Michael Gallup had and double up on his rookie production.:) That of course would make him the front runner to holdout in Cabo with two years left on his contract:(

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Dont wanna derail the thread, but can you guys look at the video carefully and spot Jarwin and his blocking, it seems like he was in a lot on the Pollard runs.
To call him a useless blocker is exaggerated imo.

And notice the last run vs Wash - threw a nice combo block.

Carson

Reaction score
With Fassel, I’m excited to see Pollard in the return game. Could be a game changer

conner01

Reaction score
Love the kid as a change of pace. Wished he saw more opportunities in the passing game. He is not the answer returning kicks.
Do you know if he’s ever returned punts
I know he didn’t this year but curious if he did in college

conner01

Reaction score
You're right, and he also has patience to set up his blocks, but once he sees daylight it's like he's getting sucked into it. His burst is really quick. He's so much fun to watch.
He’s better between the tackles than I expected
Need him more involved in the pass game
He’s part of why I’m not too concerned at TE
Use him there as a pass target with jarwin

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dont wanna derail the thread, but can you guys look at the video carefully and spot Jarwin and his blocking, it seems like he was in a lot on the Pollard runs.
To call him a useless blocker is exaggerated imo.

And notice the last run vs Wash - threw a nice combo block.
He did make some nice blocks. I'll tell you what I don't like though: Go to the 2:29 mark and watch Gallup and Cooper casually walking back to the middle of the field before the play's even over.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
We gonna need one
Don’t think Austin is coming back we might actually have a ST coach who could setup a return
Yea, Pollard probably deserves a 2nd look with some actual coaching involved with the unit. Cobb can return punts....I hope he stays.

SaltyNovice

CowboysRangers
Reaction score
Love the kid as a change of pace. Wished he saw more opportunities in the passing game. He is not the answer returning kicks.
I understand why you say that - I think. But all our ST were horrible this year. With a new ST coach - he might still turn out to be a kick returner. MHO