Tony Romo for HC

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Ive hated red clapper for forever.

Our solution is Tony.

And before you give me junk about his commentating.

1) Tony is competitive. He does not fulfill that competitive drive by being in the booth.
2) Schedule...Tony did a pro football schedule for years and years. He's used to it and it wouldnt be anything new.
3) He still wants a championship. To get a ring, you either play or coach. He's not playing so he only has one option.
4) He knows more than JG, so if JG can limp along for 7 years, then I'm willing to give Tony a couple on the job training years. We'll come out ahead.
5) Tony is loyal to the Cowboys. He likely wouldnt ever want to work for any other team.
6) He took the commentating job, but he loves the game and being on the field more. He's fully capable.

kevm3

Reaction score
no thanks. I don't want any of jerry's inner posse as coaches. I want someone who can be fired if they don't perform. Tony's doing a great job in the booth and he needs to stay there.

aria

Reaction score
Sure. He choked at the most critical times as a qb now he can do it as the HC. There’s a lot of short memories here minus talking about the early 90’s, then it’s like yesterday.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Our solution is Tony.

1) Tony is competitive. He does not fulfill that competitive drive by being in the booth.
2) Schedule...Tony did a pro football schedule for years and years. He's used to it and it wouldnt be anything new.
3) He still wants a championship. To get a ring, you either play or coach. He's not playing so he only has one option.
4) He knows more than JG, so if JG can limp along for 7 years, then I'm willing to give Tony a couple on the job training years. We'll come out ahead.
5) Tony is loyal to the Cowboys. He likely wouldnt ever want to work for any other team.
6) He took the commentating job, but he loves the game and being on the field more. He's fully capable.
I'll give you this, he would be A LOT better than Garrett. Problem is, we'd all want him to be a player/coach the first time Dak throws a pick?

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
Tony Romo is the greatest human being ever. He is the greatest QB ever. He is the best broadcaster ever. He would be the greatest coach ever.

Things I've learned at cowboyszone. Thank you all for showing me the way!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tony Romo is the greatest human being ever. He is the greatest QB ever. He is the best broadcaster ever. He would be the greatest coach ever.

Things I've learned at cowboyszone. Thank you all for showing me the way!
He could have been the best basketball player ever and the best golfer ever if he wanted to be! :muttley:

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
no thanks. I don't want any of jerry's inner posse as coaches. I want someone who can be fired if they don't perform. Tony's doing a great job in the booth and he needs to stay there.

Tony has personal pride, just like Jimmy Johnson. Tony wouldnt suck for too long before quitting. However, I think he would do well.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Our solution is Tony.

CBS will pay whatever it takes to keep him. He single-handedly made them relevant again. He is already the best NFL analyst in the business.

Jerry can't outbid CBS.

Romo's wife would most likely be against it.