Tony Romo... Franchise Quarterback?

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
I think there's no debating whether or not Romo is what you'd call a "franchise quarterback."

Not only does he clearly epitomize the term, but he may well be the most valuable player in Dallas Cowboys franchise history. Just above Emmitt Smith already.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone that suggests that Romo isn't a franchise QB is just plain stoopid.

TroyNJ

Reaction score
Yes he is easily a "franchise QB" I may also agree with your other statement, Romo is the heart & soul of this team, he has swagger and just seems be a natural leader.

seniorette

Reaction score
TroyNJ;2449876 said:
Yes he is easily a "franchise QB" I may also agree with your other statement, Romo is the heart & soul of this team, he has swagger and just seems be a natural leader.

I fully agree, but I reserve the right to change my mind if Payton Manning ever gets a "goofy hat", or Tom Brady ever jumps into his O-line's arms to celebrate. That could qualify them, not that they would win but just for consideration. Tony is a jewel.:bow:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Ya think.

But I wouldn't go so far as to say the most valuable in Cowboys's history.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
ROMOSAPIEN9;2449873 said:
Not only does he clearly epitomize the term, but he may well be the most valuable player in Dallas Cowboys franchise history. Just above Emmitt Smith already.

***?! I love Romo but he is not any where close to what you think. He needs to bring home hardware to be even CONSIDERED...

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
viman96;2449904 said:
***?! I love Romo but he is not any where close to what you think. He needs to bring home hardware to be even CONSIDERED...

Hey, I'm with you that he needs to win something. All I'm saying is that this team ain't winning jack schnoodle without him.

sallimsayin

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Romo is a gem. However, he has to win a few SBs in order to be compared to Emmitt or Aikman.

PoetTree

Reaction score
I believe Romo is the best QB in the league. Maybe not "hands down", as there are some other very talented guys out there, savvy vets with strong arms and other masters in their own right throwing the ball. But, in terms of putting it all together in one package? I don't see anyone doing it with the completeness or to the level that Romo is doing it at.

You need a quarterback who can make all the throws? Check.

You need a quarterback who can throw with uncanny precision? Check.

You need a quarterback who can scramble, slide the pocket, buy time? Check.

I mean, he just does it all and does it all as good or better than anyone else in the game right now. He's got the quickest release in the league, quite possibly in league history. He has terrific escapability, even in the tightest of quarters and the closest of grasps. Sees the field. Great at coming back to his 4th and even 5th receiver. He thinks fast, and possesses the best improvisational skills of any current NFL QB.

Drew Brees is sick. Kurt Warner is playing like a Hall of Famer. Hell, Matt Ryan is going lights out in Atlanta. Eli Manning, my friends, is throwing the ball very well. But in terms of the overall package?

I take Romo running away, and that includes when Tom Brady recovers from injury and Peyton Manning returns to form. I think Tony's tops in this league, and will be for some time.

Real glad he wears the Star!

:bow:

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
ROMOSAPIEN9;2449908 said:
Hey, I'm with you that he needs to win something. All I'm saying is that this team ain't winning jack schnoodle without him.

sallimsayin

I agree 100% :)

This team needs Romo as much as any of our previous championships teams needed their QBs.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2449919 said:
THis is honestly being questioned by someone?

Uh Oh!

I forgot to refer to the list of what can and cannot be asked.

My bad.

:rolleyes:

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
viman96;2449904 said:

Yep, cannot compare to Aikman yet. Heck he cannot compare to Danny White really. At least Danny won some Playoff games.

He is a Franchise QB, no question, but to put him above Emmit? Thats really silly at this point. Emmit is a shoo in HOF famer, its not even close to comparing them yet. Maybe in future if he does win couple of Championships. But first lets work on him getting to playoffs and winning one.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
You could simply throw ALL THE STATS out the window.

Go to his win-loss record as a starter.

26-9 in his first 35 regular season starts.
He wins 2 out of every 3 games.

Undisputed Franchise Quarterback:star:

Reaction score
Romo is the QB for Dallas... He's got the swagger and charisma you want along with the strong arm and accuracy.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2450021 said:
Romo is the QB for Dallas... He's got the swagger and charisma you want along with the strong arm and accuracy.

I think he's the best QB we've ever had. I really do.

Eskimo

Reaction score
YoMick;2449974 said:
You could simply throw ALL THE STATS out the window.

Go to his win-loss record as a starter.

26-9 in his first 35 regular season starts.
He wins 2 out of every 3 games.

Undisputed Franchise Quarterback:star:

Closer to 3 out of every 4 games, but the kid is a winner.

The other amazing thing is how good he is with the game on the line and the ball in his hands. I honestly think it is approaching a toss-up between P. Manning, Brady and him.