Video: Tony Romo in the "All or Nothing" documentary

USMarineVet

Reaction score

Two things:

1. What Dez says about Romo is very telling.

2. Jerry's admission of failure is gut wrenching.

Witten looks like he's already had plastic surgery for his broadcasting gig in that thumbnail.

Maverick84

Reaction score
That Romo and Dez worked so much on the back shoulder fade that Dez literally was like "Man can we work on something else" But now Dez understands why they did it, and how it's apparent why him and Dak don't have that connection
good stuff, and thanks for taking the time for me sir

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
That Romo and Dez worked so much on the back shoulder fade that Dez literally was like "Man can we work on something else" But now Dez understands why they did it, and how it's apparent why him and Dak don't have that connection
Dak has hit Dez on multiple occasions with the back shoulder fade. Another catch phrase some aren't quite informed on the meaning.

Jstopper

Reaction score
Dak has hit Dez on multiple occasions with the back shoulder fade. Another catch phrase some aren't quite informed on the meaning.

Ask yourself a question. Did Dak and Dez have a success rate together on high pointed fade routes even remotely comparable to the level him and Romo had it figured out? We both know the answer

DFWJC

Reaction score
Looking back, I know Dez wishes he never pushed for Dak to keep the job wen Romo got healthy
Come on now...no way Dez was choosing Dak over Romo.
He was raving about Romo almost daily when he was destroying the defense in practice every day once he returned.

It was just the perfect storm to keep Dak at the time; in that offense was on a roll and the team was winning.. Dak was playing well and within himself while opposing DCs were in that fog that happens every so often when a new rookies flashes onto the scene.
Plus Tony had been injured a ton so there were real question on if he could be counted on.

He was the way better player and gave us the way better chance to advance, but factoring in everything at the time (winning his injuries, the longer term future) I see why they made the wrong choice there.
:muttley:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

He sure did, just not as effective as Tony. Bottom line for me.......Romo knew how to handle Dez and Dak could not quite get there. Experience by the QB's were the difference on the utilization of Bryant.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Come on now...no way Dez was choosing Dak over Romo.
He was raving about Romo almost daily when he was destroying the defense in practice every day once he returned.

It was just the perfect storm to keep Dak at the time; in that offense was on a roll and the team was winning.. Dak was playing well and within himself while opposing DCs were in that fog that happens every so often when a new rookies flashes onto the scene.
Plus Tony had been injured a ton so there were real question on if he could be counted on.

He was the way better player and gave us the way better chance to advance, but factoring in everything at the time (winning his injuries, the longer term future) I see why they made the wrong choice there.
:muttley:
He did. Broaddus talked about this on Talkin Cowboys the week he was released. Dez along with Beasley, wanted them to stay with Dak.

I agree with everything else you said though