Tony Romo is a perplexing oddity

AtomicDog

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1316269 said:
he really is, and the one play exemplifies that, his fumble in the endzone vs. the Lions, when we were backed up, it showed Tony's recklessness, composure, athleticsm and playmaking ability, all in a single play, it's amazing how his fumble made him look look pathetic, but in the very same instant, he turns into the 2nd coming of Roger Staubach, scrambling, then completing the 1st on an athletic throw to give us breathing room which started a TD drive

cut down on the recklessness, and we have a heck of a QB folks

Several things I think affected his play down the stretch:

1)Playing from behind too much, starting from the NO game
2)Poor protection from offensive line, although fumbles are not oline's fault
3)Started "thinking" too much and didn't get ball out soon enough
4)Other teams finally had real game plans designed for him (I mean seriously if the other teams hadn't found a game plan, the Cowboys would be superbowl favorites right now, his quarterback play in October and November was freakishly good)
5)our O line was not playing well (again) look at what can happy to QB's like Tom Brady on sunday vs san diego, he looked very pedestrian he just was given too many chances
6)Some of his mechanics broke down, throwing off wrong foot, side arming it, scrambling too soon, scrambling too late (again offensive line issue and playing from behind)

I may be biased in his favor, but the only "bad" game Romo had this year was the Seahawk game. He threw several bad passes and missed on a few others, but even in that game (like Brady) he had them close at the end for a chance at a win.