News: Tony Romo makes teen's wish come true at camp

CCBoy

Reaction score
Tony Romo makes teen's wish come true at camp
Jun 23, 2016
i

Todd ArcherESPN Staff Writer
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas-cowb.../tony-romo-makes-teens-wish-come-true-at-camp

BURLINGTON, Wis. -- Christian Bass was nine months old when he was diagnosed with cancer. He was too young to participate in the Make-A-Wish program, and by the time he turned 3 he was cancer free.

His parents, Annette and Bill, decided to pass on taking a turn with Make-A-Wish “because we were just happy he was alive,” Annette said. “That’s all that was important.”

On Wednesday, one of Christian’s long-time wishes came true when he met Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo. The two shared a talk and some laughs. Romo took some pictures and signed some autographs.

“Before, I was excited but when I met him I was like, ‘He seems like a nice person,’” Christian said. “You would think that they’re just different but when you meet him you know that he’s a nice person.”...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why don't threads like this, turn into mega threads.
If it was about McFadden being debated to be on the roster or about Ro McClain being worthy of being on the roster. It would be 5000 pages long by now with the same stuff over and over and mostly negative.

Just sayin'
Oh, and this probably didn't make any news but locally either.

Mactin

Reaction score
It always good for fans to see their favorite players so good for him in seeing Romo. I hope he had a good time talking to him in person.

Reaction score
Why don't threads like this, turn into mega threads.
If it was about McFadden being debated to be on the roster or about Ro McClain being worthy of being on the roster. It would be 5000 pages long by now with the same stuff over and over and mostly negative.

Just sayin'
Oh, and this probably didn't make any news but locally either.

Nobody talks about the airplanes that land safely. It's the crashes that make the news and get the attention.

That's just the way it is.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nobody talks about the airplanes that land safely. It's the crashes that make the news and get the attention.

That's just the way it is.

Very true.
It's like the saying in running a business.
Do something right and people will tell 3 friends...do something wrong and they will tell 11 friends.

DTown214

Reaction score
Sorry, I have to say this. I'm a straight man but I'm very curious to see what Romo looks like shirtless. It can't be pretty. But it's weird because I don't think of Romo as fat... but you see some of these photos, at least the ones in the offseason, and he looks like he's been laying on the couch eating potato chips as soon as the season ended.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry, I have to say this. I'm a straight man but I'm very curious to see what Romo looks like shirtless. It can't be pretty. But it's weird because I don't think of Romo as fat... but you see some of these photos, at least the ones in the offseason, and he looks like he's been laying on the couch eating potato chips as soon as the season ended.

What's wrong with that, that's basically what I have been doing....:laugh:....
Once the season starts, I'll add some dip....

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score

Fortunately, Romo doesn't need to be built like Arnold schwartzen...he just needs to have his mental faculties, a little mobility, and the arm to make the necessary throws. I think he has all of those. I don't think he plays much golf anymore, nor does he wear his cap backwards, so we may be good to go for two or three more years. :)

CowboyGil

Reaction score
Great story. Just reinforces my idea that Romo is just a regular guy who hasn't let being an NFL QB change him as a person.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score

Never fails. Haha