Tony Romo play of the night VIDEO

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
Inman,

I think most everyone likes Romo and wants him to do well and be the future for us. I don't see why it's so antagonizing to you that some people are just waiting until he actually plays in a real game and shows he can do it over time before we pencil him in as our franchise QB.

I've never argued against someone who is uncomfortable with Romo because of lack of experience. He doesn't have regular season experience. There is nothing to debate there. I understand that uneasiness. (Although, I do find it funny that some of those who were most adament against Vinny playing when Henson was here last year are now the most vocal that we need to bring in a veteran backup).

I will argue against someone who claims that "any QB can do that in preseason" or that Romo is turnover prone. Because its just untrue. Empirically untrue in the latter's case.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
You know, the funniest thing about that play is it was a complete botch being a snap over the head. Yet the play still completes and the receiver is down in 7 seconds.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
In case you haven't heard, any quarterback should be able to make that play by their 4th year.:lmao2:

The issue here is not hearing, it's listining. However, I suspect that you are already aware of this, are you not?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
I've never argued against someone who is uncomfortable with Romo because of lack of experience. He doesn't have regular season experience. There is nothing to debate there. I understand that uneasiness. (Although, I do find it funny that some of those who were most adament against Vinny playing when Henson was here last year are now the most vocal that we need to bring in a veteran backup).

I will argue against someone who claims that "any QB can do that in preseason" or that Romo is turnover prone. Because its just untrue. Empirically untrue in the latter's case.

This is interesting. Perhaps you can ellaberate on this. Who exactly are those you are speaking of?

I will also add that it's not all about how many INTs but also about when and where that are important. You don't acknowledge this because it doesn't fit with your opinion. However, it does not invalidate the point.

cowboysfan

Reaction score
Big Dakota said:
What happens to Bledsoe on that play if it were him?

I think it would be lucky if Bledsoe can even recover the ball, maybe recover and then fumble and get hit with injury ?

CowboyChris

Reaction score
what i got out of that is Romo's arm strength, i had doubts about it, but that play proves to me that he has adequate arm strength.

tomduhain

Reaction score
Thank Goodness we have ONE mobile QB - the way our O-Line played last night we'll need a scrambler to stay in games. And does last night make
the Tuna rethink the value of having THREE QBS on the roster? I'm betting the Boys are already looking for a veteran to add to the roster.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
9776095_320X240.jpg

A bad snap flies over Tony Romo's head.

9776096_320X240.jpg

the ball bounces back into Romo's hands ...

9776098_320X240.jpg

Romo turns toward the sideline ...

9776099_320X240.jpg

and heaves the ball downfield for a completion near the end of the second quarter.

9776167_320X240.jpg

Tony Romo chats with the coaches on the sideline during a time out.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
That was a REDICULOUS play, he made the Vikings pass rushers look like chumps and his ability to point out to Copper where to go and then deliver the ball on the money on the run should be enough to sell you on Tony Romo as an NFL player. That was incredible.

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
Uh-Oh said:
I don't know any QB who can throw a tight spiral, while on the run, that accurately gets to the reciever.

sorry to digress, but in your sig, is that our first Cowboys QB?

as far as Romo goes and interceptions, I remember cussing at the TV from the greatness of Roger throwing a ton of interceptions. no disrespect, but all great ones that take chances, do.

do we have a future Ringer? I like the guy, as he is able to move, and we need that with a weak offensive line. Bledsoe, which I respect, and is the starting QB, will be hammered this season if it doesn't get better IMHO.

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
never mind, did the research and it WAS Eddie as I thought. Great pic!

gawd he sucked in 1960, but was a great player