Tony Romo

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How many careers have you made and saved. Once Romo was off the Cowboys, no one to guide Prescott except Clappersrus.

I'm happy for Tony Romo. Sure, thanks to Garrett he'll never have that Super Bowl, but the guy's got a ton of money, a great career in broadcasting and doing commercials, and a great young family.

Despite the Garrett effect, Tony's life is going well. And he no longer has to worry about breaking anything in his body. For the most part, he's come out of his ordeal pretty well. Good for him.

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
We are seeing the difference when Tony Romo was part of the team and when he is not. Offense just falls off a cliff when the guy retires. He is not even an OC, but a player like Dak Prescott.

Piledriver

Reaction score
I said this yesterday...

People don’t realize the mentor an teammate Romo became for Dak ...

He was basically the OC when he was QB
Damn I miss him

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
You should be more upset with the team rather than a former player
I'm not upset at Romo. He tried his best. I just don't think he belongs on the pedestal he is being placed on and that he shares blame in the team's failures along with everyone else.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I even think Dak said that.
It was well reported on during the season. Romo fans continue to try and give all the credit for Dak's rookie season success to Romo for "mentoring" him. Romo even stated during that season the it was harder sitting out 2016 than 2015. He said something to the effect of "it's hard to sit out and watch your team lose because you can't do anything about it. It is even hard to sit out and watch your team win knowing you're not needed".

Even in the link that guy posted above, Dak is saying "It truly never did [get uncomfortable]. And that's why I say I commend him," Prescott said. "I don't know how he felt personally. I mean, obviously I know as much of a competitor he is, that he wanted to play. That as much success that he had in this league, that he probably felt that he should play. But it never [got uncomfortable]. And as I said, he always was so helpful to me. And I felt it was genuine, and I commend him for that."

That sounds like someone trying to give the right answer to avoid creating controversy instead of someone that was really in there supporting and mentoring him. Not making things uncomfortable is not a glowing endorsement of a mentor.