Tony Sparano

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Hey Sparano, that was quite a performance by your guys tonight.

Flozell only plays well when the mood hits him and he wasn't in the mood tonight.

Jacob Rogers got hurt ... again.

Stephen Peterman looked overmatched and made a critical penalty.

Al Johnson got blown up in the backfield by some backup lineman.

And that brings us to Torrin Tucker .... I don't even know what to say other than he apparently is doing everything possible to get fired.

Good luck evaluating the quarterbacks with this group providing the protection.

My second least-favorite assistant coach (David Lee is first) did nothing tonight to show why he deserved the O-line job.

OK, I'm overreacting, but I predicted I would earlier today. :)

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
He's one of Bill's guys........

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I don't think you're overreacting. The OL was absolutely horrible, from the starters all the way down to the guys at the bottom of the depth chart.

Bring back Warhop? No thanks. Any way we can get Hudson Houch back?

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Chief said:

Flozell only plays well when the mood hits him and he wasn't in the mood tonight.

And that brings us to Torrin Tucker .... I don't even know what to say other than he apparently is doing everything possible to get fired.

My second least-favorite assistant coach (David Lee is first) did nothing tonight to show why he deserved the O-line job.

I have to agree, overeacting or not, our OL just looked bad. None of the qbs got any real protection. Although Bledsoe was at fault for couple sacks I thought to be fair.

But all or most of us thought if OL wasn't real sollid, Bledsoe wouldn't be that good. So Fault mostly lies on OL right now, IMO.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Looked more like Johnson was pulling and then he ran into the TE or another player. Thats what the Babe and Mickey said as well.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Rack said:
I don't think you're overreacting. The OL was absolutely horrible, from the starters all the way down to the guys at the bottom of the depth chart.

Bring back Warhop? No thanks. Any way we can get Hudson Houch back?

I think we had a shot at Houck in the offseason. Some unsubstantiated rumours about Jerry wanting to bring him back from what I recall. BP went with his guy, though.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Eskimo said:
I think we had a shot at Houck in the offseason. Some unsubstantiated rumours about Jerry wanting to bring him back from what I recall. BP went with his guy, though.

When we (Good 'ole Bruce Coslett) let Houch go, that's when our OL really started to suck. One of the worst decisions done by JJ was letting go of HH (because Coslett wanted his guy in there).

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Chief said:

You're not overreacting...the Oline was flat out pathetic!!!!!!!!

That's being nice!

~ Tucker....nice knowing ya...good luck and Home Depot.

~ Peterman....Geeezzzz...he got blown up several times not counting the last penalty of the game.

~ Al....Not sure what to say...dissappointed tonight...hope I see better.

Petitti....you know this is one tough dline to face as a rookie...seriously. I think he can build off of tonight. He made some mistaked tonight, but he was not bad IMO against a very good first team dline of AZ. I see potential....

~ Rivera...got beat a few times.....

there is no excuse for Al, Rivera, Flo to get beat as bas as they did tonight...

Overall...they SUCKED at best!

Sorry guys...now that's a slight overreaction :banghead:

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it was an overreaction at all. I was going to start a thread on the same subject.

When the OL is that bad, top to bottom, you have to point to the coaching. It wasn't just the first teamers or second teamers or third teamers, it was everyone.

A pathetic performance from the OL. You can't really even evaluate people when the QBs don't have any time and you are playing 3rd and 50.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
I'm very disappointed with the OL tonight, but I must concede that some of this may be because we have been playing musical chairs in camp, moving Johnson from first team to second team, Rogers getting hurt, Rivera just coming back from back surgery, etc. Time will tell. As long as Tucker is released come tomorrow, we should get better.

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
Chief said:

Understatement of the night!

What happened to Al Johnson on that play is a felony in most states :rolleyes:

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Chief said:

...I wouldn't be too worried about Flozell, LA and Marco. It's in the third game that you need to watch them carefully.

As for Tucker, Peterman and Rogers. This was to be their time and they didn't make the most positive impression. Tucker is not going to have a good Monday morning. BP in his post game didn't sound too terribly impressed with Rogers and his injury.

My guess is that Tucker will be given a walk fairly soon and Rogers may be cut by the end of this camp if he can't get healthy.

Pettiti has an opening here.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Guys AZ had alot to prove tonight... let's regroup and make it to pre-season game # 2.. shall we?

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
You're not overreacting...the Oline was flat out pathetic!!!!!!!!

Do these guys remind you of a certain O-line?

photo2.jpg

Reaction score
Rack said:
When we (Good 'ole Bruce Coslett) let Houch go, that's when our OL really started to suck. One of the worst decisions done by JJ was letting go of HH (because Coslett wanted his guy in there).

Brings back fond memories of good old Frank Verducci.... :bang2:

Reaction score
Chief said:

Ever seen a pic of sparano?

He looks like a greasier Dave Campo... :eek:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
THEHEREAFTER said:
Guys AZ had alot to prove tonight... let's regroup and make it to pre-season game # 2.. shall we?

Pretty sure the same thing was said after last year's PS game against the Cards.